06 Through the eyes of Might

This chapter is a collection of what happened on All Might's side of the story before he meets the reader, and her precious baby.

After returning to Japan Toshinori Yagi, had stormed through the ranks of the hero world. The busy work of a hero never gave him a break, or really allowed him to have many relationships outside of hero work. And Toshinori was a traditional man, with an extreme amount of loyalty. One-night stands weren't his cup of tea, besides the risk was too great. WIth his rapid rise in the Japanese hero ranks, the rapid growth of his fan base followed. His fan base consisted of enough women, talking about maybe baby trapping him or something along those lines that one-night stands just seemed like a bad idea. You never know if the condom breaks, or if he was unlucky a fan brought the condom and had poked holes in it or something.

He would like to be a father, but he had also come to terms with the fact he would never get that. A family. It was one of the sacrifices he had to make when he became a pro, shooting for the nr.1 spot. His teacher and foster mother, Nana Shimura, had given up everything for him to reach that dream. So no children for him. It had been a long time since Toshinori had thought about Nana, and the son she had left at an orphanage for his protection. If Toshinori remembered correctly Kotaro Shimura would be old enough to have made Nana a grandmother now, and as much as Toshinori would like to know for sure he promised Nana to never seek Kotaro out.

So when Toshinori got the call from Gran torino that day, he could never have anticipated that his long buried dream of being a father could grow once again. "Toshinori" the older man stated, the tone of voice indicating that it was to be a grave and serious conversation. "You remember Nana's son Kotaro, and how we swore to never look for him " Toshinori muttered out a small 'yes' not quite sure what direction the conversation was going. "Toshinori........ Kotaro's family is dead with one exception" It was silent. Toshinori wasn't quite sure how to react. Kotaro was dead?. The little boy he had seen Nana tearfully place into the foster care system when he was 18, was dead?

"You still with me?" Gran Torino asked on the other end of the phone. "Yeah," Toshinori answered. And so Gran Torino continued the story "An old friend of mine in the police precinct called me because I had asked him to inform me if he ever heard the Shimura family name mentioned. He told me that his rookie assistant had brought in a woman with a young child for questioning. That young child is called Shimura Tenko, apperently he supposedly murdered his entire family in a quirk accident. I don't believe young Tenko meant to harm his family, even if my old friend thinks so otherwise. The woman with Tenko stated that she had found him in the streets and decided to help him since he was absolutely filthy. I know you wanted to be there for Nana's family, so meet me at that xxxx precinct tomorrow and let's see if we can find Tenko '' With that Gran Torino ended the call, leaving Toshinori to ponder for the rest of the night.

The next morning All Might could be seen in the precinct, talking to one of the rookie officers and retired hero Gran Torino. "Do you think the woman who took in Tenko would be willing to share custody?" Toshinori asked the man. His dreams last night consisted of images of himself and how he imagined Tenko Shimura to look doing father-son activities. His dreams of father hood had sparked, and so he had to ask the officer. Officer Tsukauchi shook his head at the blonde man "I can call her, but she seemed very protective over the kid so I wouldn't put my hopes up" The comment didn't deter the blonde's hopes.

Officer Tsukauchi led the two hero's into an empty room, before dialing Tenko Shimura's adoptive mother and putting her on speaker so the two other gentlemen could follow the conversation.

"Hello, this is officer Tsukauchi. We have received a request to receive guardianship over Shimura Tenko, but as you have full guardianship we would like to inquire if you would be willing to negotiate the custody of Tenko Shimura " It was silent on the other end of the line, and Toshinori's hope went up. Surely Tenko's guardian would consider it, not many people took in children as a single parent, at least that was what Toshinori built his hope on.

"Negotiate custody, you must be joking. I adopted that child, he is my son now and I will protect him and love him as my own for the rest of his life. He is not some kind of toy to be switched out when a distant relative suddenly decides they want the government's money for taking care of family and raising Tenko. I owe nothing to you, and will not be open to negotiate custody so to speak, and am quite frankly disgusted you would ask after I have been approved as a suitable mother by child protective services connected to YOUR precinct. Good day " Then before they could intercept or stop the woman's angry rant, she hung up the phone leaving Toshinori with a deflated look.

But Toshinori Would not give up.