Chapter 4 - Nostalgia, Tardiness And Ramen

I woke up slowly this morning. The sun was beaming through the still opened window. It was still extremely warm in the room on this sunny summer day. I was calmly thinking back of my dream and then Sasuke being here last night. WAIT! Sasuke was here last night.

My eyes snapped open and I looked around the room in a flash. I was alone. He was gone. I remembered him leaving. I turned bright red remembering what he told me and the kiss on the head he gave me.

Did Sasuke like me back? How? Most importantly, why? And what about Sakura in all of this?

My head was spinning with unending questions and it was starting to hurt. So I shook my head and sat up in my bed. I pushed the blanket off of me and swung my legs off the bed. I stood up and walked over to my window.

The sun was shining and everyone was walking around. I spotted a mother with her little daughter. The little girl must've been 4. She had a pink flower dress with two braids on either side of her head. I smiled brightly and watched as her mother kneeled down next to her to take her in her arms and spin her around the market place.

I felt my smile falter for a moment. How could I feel nostalgic of something I never had?

I looked over at the clock on my wall to look at the time. 9! I'm late for training!

I ran into my living room and grabbed the shirt I threw on the floor yesterday. I put in on rapidly and put my shoes on. I opened the door only to close and lock it five seconds later.

I bolted towards the training grounds where team 7 was first tested. The sun was warm on top of my head, but there was a nice breeze coming through. I wondered where Sasuke was right now.

Next time I'll see him, I'll definitively make the first move. No way I'm going to let him make the first move again.

I was grinning as I reached the field. Sakura was sitting under a tree, alone. Of course Kakashi was probably not even here yet. She had a leaf in her hand and she was slowly tearing it up following the veins on it. (probably not how you call it but hn)

I walked closer to her and sat down beside her. Should I tell her about Sasuke? He didn't tell me it was a secret, but it would probably best to not tell everyone. Just for the sake of staying low-key and discreet. After all, Sasuke was risking his future for this.

-Whats up with you Naruto? Normally you'd be talking about something by now, Sakura scoffed.

I looked around us. She had a point, but with everything that happened yesterday I was just so confused.

-Seriously Naruto, is everything okay? She asked after more silence.

I nodded.

-Yea. I've just had a lot on my mind recently. I explained.

-Okay then. She replied.

Just then Kakashi decided to show up. He had his usual outfit on with his navy mask covering his face.

-Seriously sensei, how can you always be so late? The pink haired girl asked.

-I got lost yet again on the path of life, he explained.

-Same old excuses, Sakura replied rolling her eyes.

-Do you guys want to get started? Kakashi asked while taking out a book from his pocket.

*time skip because I don't know what kind of training they could do*

I was exhausted. Kakashi's expectations for us had surely skyrocketed, but it was nice to have the team back for a day. I mean, almost all of the team.

I decided to go eat ramen at Ichiraku. On my way, i caught a glimpse of the old Uchiha compound and my thoughts wondered back to Sasuke.

Was Sasuke still around here somewhere or was he gone for another couple of weeks? If he was still around, then where? And how did he expect not to get caught?

I had reached the ramen shop without even realizing it. I bent down to get under the curtains and took a seat. I ordered pork belly chop ramen and waited patiently.

Once they were served I dug in and ate three other bowls before calling it a night. I said my goodbyes to Ayame and Teuchi and quietly left as the sun was beginning to set.

I walked all the way to my apartment alone, jiggling the keys in my pockets as I did. I whistled a little tune as I was nearing the entrance. I suddenly stopped walking.

Would Sasuke be waiting for me? It was getting pretty late. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I really wanted him to be there.

I checked if the door was still locked; it was. I cautiously made my way inside. The windows were closed, nothing was out of place, which was honestly hard to tell because the place was always a mess.

I took of my shoes and my shirt and threw it across the room. I'd pick it up in a couple of days. I walked into my room, opening my window just in case Sasuke did decide to come. I laid down in bed and just waited for him. The more time passed by the more I lost hope. Maybe he had something else to do in the village. A thought crossed my mind. Maybe he went to see how Sakura was doing tonight.

I felt anger and jealousy rising inside of me at the thought. But I couldn't be selfish. He had the right to go visit whomever he pleased after all. Sakura was also his comrade and she also cared about him.

So I slowly fell asleep, disappointed, but still silently hoping.