Pillage Him!

They did it. Japan was saved. The huge, gaping hole in the false god's head was smoking. Just like the barrel of the Desert Eagle in Joker's hands, and just like the barrel of the gun-knife in Satanael's. The hand cannon felt heavy in his hands as Joker watched Yaldabaoth fade into nothingness. Satanael lowered his own weapon as the people cheered his user's name.

Joker. Not his real name, although that was probably for the best. Even from the top of the tower, Joker could see a few friends in the crowd below. Hifumi, Chihaya, Mishima, Kawakami, and Iwai, just to name a few. They all were there, they all were at risk. He turned around to see the beaten and bruised, yet alive forms of his Thieves. They were at risk too. Everyone he ever cared about, everyone who ever cared for him, was all in danger. His relief that Arsene awoke Satanael only increased in magnitude. The demon lord in question had vanished back into the signature mask that rested upon Joker's face. Able to call upon his arsenal now, Principality came out of the mask to heal Makoto, Morgana, and Ann. With a wordless nod, they helped Ren recover the other's.

They watched as the last of the Metaverse left the true world, and they were back in their regular attire. Making their way to the bottom of the tower, they miraculously avoided the huge crowd at the bottom, and began their walk back to Leblanc.

///

Sojiro and Sae's eyes were glued to the small TV in the corner of the café. The cups of coffee Sojiro brewed offered no assurance that they were okay, and so far, the news has been useless. Thankfully, the bell above the door wasn't, and Sojiro and Sae were greeted by the sight of the battered group.

Even with the immense healing Ren, Makoto, Morgana, and Ann had delivered, everyone was tired, and visibly hurt. Bruises, cuts, burns, and dried blood had littered all of their bodies. Poor Ren had a burn consuming his entire right arm from Yaldabaoth's signature, Rays of Control. The two adults gave them a ride to Tae's clinic, and the doctor wasted no time fixing them up, Morgana watching in admiration at the doctors quick work, and the not-a-cat absently took notes, while simultaneously worrying.

The Metaverse should've disappeared for good, but the Nav was still present on their phones, and Mementos remaining present meant that Yaldabaoth was not the end, and something else was down there. What it could be, Mona didn't know, and he shuddered to think about it.

One by one, the Thieves were up and running again, and Ren's left arm was slowly healing up. The team dispersed to get their more-then-earned rest. He'd never admit it, but the bruises he saw on himself and his team just reminded him of the interrogation. And even though Sae's promise to find who had drugged and beaten him had helped him come to terms with things a little, he still thought back on it.

///

All he wanted was a nice, quiet Christmas with his family, Thieves or not. Unfortunately, Sae came to him on Christmas Eve with bad news. Ren had to testify against Shido if they wanted him to pay for all he did. And the only way he could do so, was to turn himself in. The hero who saved Japan, would now be thrown into a mess of thugs and delinquents.

"Does she know?" Ren asked. Sae just shook her head.

"Do any of them?" Sae's face shifted to pure guilt.

"I'm sorry Ren, but they don't."

"Good." Ren said.

Sae did a double take. "What?" Ren gave her an blank look.

"Tell Sojiro, and him alone. After I'm in juvie, please." Sae's face was now a little on edge.

"You don't want me to tell her?" Ren winced a little.

"I do, but I don't want to worry her, or get her involved at all. She stays out of it." Sae was a little apprehensive, but nodded anyways.

"Fine, Makoto won't know." Ren gave her a small smile.