Chapter 32: I Will Love You Always

Start from the beginning

"Let's get that dress on first!" Alyx and Lux helped me get the dress on and secured which took a surprising amount of time. Finally, we all stopped shuffling and they stepped back to tell me again how beautiful I looked. 

I only hope Titus thinks so, I thought to myself.

I always think you're beautiful. I heard Titus respond and blushed, realizing I must have said it through the link.

We're not supposed to be talking mister.

You started it. I could hear him chuckling. 

I'll see you soon. 

Alyx and Lux were staring at me. "And what was that?" Lux lifted her eyebrow at me. 

"What was what?" I played dumb. 

"Mhm," she winked at me. "We have to get dressed. Think you can stay clean for a minute while we nip down the hall?" 

"I think I'll manage." The two of them disappear through the bedroom door and I admire myself in the mirror. My heart raced at the idea of getting to see Titus all dressed up and waiting for me in front of the pack, ready to swear himself to me and me ready to swear myself to them. 

"Thinking like that will leave worry lines," a smooth voice interrupted my train of thought. I looked over to find Satis standing, leaning against the door. 

"I don't mind the lines," I turned to face her. 

"Figures. Is my brother around?" 

"He can't be on the day of the ceremony." 

"Right and you got the house," she rolled her eyes. "That figures too. Well, any idea where I might find him?" 

"Haven't a clue. Your mom and sister are just down the hall. You could ask them." 

"And yet, here I am, asking you," She sneered.

I looked down at her jeans and t-shirt. "You're not ready yet. You should speak to your brother after the ceremony." 

"I don't intend to be there," she flicks her hair over her shoulder and looks at her nails with a hint of boredom. 

"It's mandatory," I can feel the intended disrespect, loud and clear.  My wolf insists on asserting a powerful voice.

"For those of this pack it is. I intend to leave the pack. Which is why I need to see my brother." She turns to walk away from me.

"You're going to leave?" 

Her wicked smile returns as she turns back toward me. "This was once a strong pack, lead by strong blood and worthy Lunas. I will return when there is someone leading here worth following." 

"Your brother will be heartbroken," I appeal to her. 

"Then maybe he will reconsider," her eyes seem to send daggers at me before she backs away and disappears down the stairs. 

Lux appears in her place, shaking her head. "Sorry. My sister can be a piece of work."

"Ah yes, a work of art," I joke. 

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as ever."

"Let's go!" 

Lux and Alyx walk me toward the edge of the training field where there is a narrowed path lined with the yellow flowers they had picked just the day before. I stood at the edge of the trees and inhaled deeply, nerves slowly starting to creep into my spine, making the hair on my neck stand up.

"We have to leave you here. The rest of the journey you make on your own," Alyx touches my arm reassuringly. "On the other end, you will be a Luna and my daughter." A small and soft smile plays at the corner of her lips.  "Say goodbye Lux."

"I will see you on the other side," Lux grins from ear to ear and disappears down the path and quickly out of sight. 

I turn back to Alyx who is still standing by my side with a look of nostalgia in her eyes. She reaches up and pulls my forehead down to touch hers. "There is much love for you here, Liana; and the greatest of all those loves is waiting at the end of this walk. Every Luna before you has walked this exact way and has made the exact choice you will make today."

"Choice?"

"The Moon Goddess is a forgiving woman. She has chosen a pathway for you but she will not hold it against you if you choose to go back; choose another route through your life. To be the Luna of a pack is to commit to being their mother, their leader, and their warrior. In all these aspects, you must be the best you can be. Right now, you are, at best, half of what you can be. Titus and this pack will allow you your full potential. But, Liana, you have to choose them. They cannot be chosen for you. The moonlight illuminates the path; you must choose to walk it, regardless of what the dark might bring." Alyx pauses and takes a deep breath, looking up to the sky where the moon is already starting to rise. "It's time. I leave you here to make your choice." 

Without another word, Alyx turns and disappears down the pathway, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I understand her words. This is the moment I get to make a decision about the rest of my life. If I choose the path before me, it won't be an easy one; but, if I choose to turn and run, there is no going back. And there is no doubt in my mind that I am going down the path to face all struggles with Titus. 

The moon rises and glows on the path before me. I don't hesitate to take long confident steps down the path of flowers. It isn't a long walk, just long enough for the excitement to replace the nerves in my bones. When I turned the corner into the clearing, I was faced with the entire pack, minus Satis, each holding a candle, the pathway lined with flowers, right to Titus. He is standing at the end of the isle in his most stunning navy suit, a crisp white shirt tucked in and revealing his muscles. When his eyes meet mine he cracks the biggest grin I have seen and I almost stop in my tracks. My heart beats hard against my chest and I return his smile. The nerves that were shaking my bones melt into the ground below me. I feel calm and heated under his intense gaze.

When I reach him he takes my hand, kisses the top of it and whispers, "you are as beautiful as ever."

"Oh charm will get you nowhere," I tease. 

"Are you ready?" 

"Would I be here if I wasn't?" He chuckles in response and turns to himself back to the pack.

"Thank you everyone for joining me here tonight to welcome my mate into our pack as your Luna and leader." The crowd cheers a moment before quieting to let him continue. "Liana has chosen us. Do you choose her?" 

The pack response in unison: "We do." 

"Liana, I choose you for my Luna, my lover, my partner and I will love you always. If you accept this, please give me your hand." I lift my hand to his. "This might sting," he whispers for me before he extends his claw, slices the palm of his hand and then the palm of his own. "Take my hand and step into the moonlight as our Luna and my wife." 

I take a deep breath, take Titus's wounded hand in mine, mixing our bloodlines, allowing the scent of his pack to seep into my pores and accept me. And I step into the light. Titus, always the perfect gentleman, wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into a long, sweet kiss that seals us together. I feel nothing but excitement and happiness in this moment. I know I am where I belong. I am where the Goddess intended me. I am where I cannot be harmed. Titus is mine and I am his; and now there is no going back. Only to go forward. 

I pull back and lock my eyes onto his. We are both feeling the same thing but only I am brave enough to use the mindlink now established between us to tell him: "I will love you always."