Chapter 10: Goodbye Will Do Well Enough

Staring at my suitcases, I made sure that I had packed everything I was going to need to move. I picked up the little notebook Titus had noticed when he first came into my room and went down the list: Toothbrush, toiletries, phone and charger bras, underwear, dresses, leggings, t-shirts, blouses, running shoes, heels, pictures, jewelry. Consulting with what was already packed I nodded my head. I had managed to get everything into just two bags. Now all I had to do was wait for Titus to come up and tell me he was ready to leave. 

I sat back on my bed and pulled my cellphone out of my purse. I dialed Kal and let the line ring. 

"Liana!" She answered happily.

"Hey Kal!" 

"What's up girlfriend?" 

"I was wondering if you would come over to my house? I am leaving this evening and I want to be able to say goodbye to you in person." 

"Oh you're leaving?" She said unsure. 

"Did you think I would be staying?" 

"I guess. I heard that your father wasn't going to let you go. I thought that you would be staying and following through with Phil."

"Not going to happen. I want to be with Alpha Eques and that's exactly what I am going to do. My father has no say in this anymore." 

"Oh. Okay. Yeah of course I will come to say goodbye."

"Thanks Kal, I'll see you shortly."

I ended the call and started to wonder how she had heard that my father had planned to reject my mating to Titus. But before I could get too far into thinking about it there was a knock at my door. 

"May I come in?" The deep sexy voice came from the other side of the door. 

"You never need to ask Titus. Please come in." 

Titus stepped through my bedroom door with a straight face. He looked like he had woken up on the wrong side of the bed but I knew that he had woken up in my bed, pleased and relaxed by my scent. His eyes met mine and they lit up, his full lips twitched upwards into a gentle half smile. 

"Baby," he whispered. I ran over to him and jumped into his already opened arms. He wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up to his level and squeezing me tightly. I kissed his cheek softly. 

"Everything okay my love?" I pulled back and looked into his beautiful green eyes. 

"Everything is perfect like this," he smirked and placed his hands on my bottom giving each cheek a little squeeze. My heart beat faster and I felt a little heat growing in the pit of my stomach. 

"What took you so long?"

He tensed a little under me. "I needed to speak with Mathias."

I wanted to ask him what they had discussed but I decided that he would tell me when he was ready. Instead, I looked into his eyes and gave him my biggest and brightest smile which he returned without hesitation. Without thinking I leaned into him, wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his mouth to mine. I licked along his bottom lip earning me a low growl and entrance. Both of us took our time exploring the other. He nipped at my bottom lip and I let a soft moan escape as I wound my hands into his long dark hair. Titus growled gripping harder onto my ass and spun us around so my back was pressed against the door and my entire front was pushed up against him. I felt his one hand start to move upward, lightly running over my hips to my breast. But before we went any further, he pulled back and pressed his forehead against mine taking deep breaths. 

"You're going to be the death of me," he whined. He placed me down and turned around to evaluate my packing situation. "Are you finished packing?"

"All done. I figured I didn't need to bring too much other than my basics and a few things for special events."