Chapter 4

Next Day: Narrator POV 

Midoriya woke up early in the morning and checked his luggage. Luckily, he remembered to pack his things for school. Like AIzawa sensei has said, starting from today they would be living in UA. Midoriya was especially very excited for this. When he came downstairs, he found a note from his mother saying 'I'll miss you! Good luck!'. His relationship with his mother never deteriorated, but they never grew closer as well.  When his father passed away, Midoriya's mother had to support him herself. He knew that he was grateful to his mother for working to support him, but of course he felt sad that they together couldn't ever hangout, even on weekends. 

Izuku didn't feel anything towards this note, 'I guess i'll miss her as well...' thought Izuku. Some days, both of them would get along and would be on a roll, but most of the times their relationship was complicated. 'Time to go' he thought to himself. Izuku grabbed his luggage and left the house.  

After few minutes of walking he finally reached UA. At the entrance, Izuku saw Jiro and said "hi", to that which Jiro also said "hi" back.

 "Not going in?" asked Izuku. 

"Oh, im waiting for someone..." said Jiro. 

"Ok see you later..." said Izuku. 

It was a weird thing, thought Izuku. Am I friends with her? Probably not... Knowing someone in the past but not knowing currently. Izuku thought, she has definitely changed. 

Time skip: One week

Somewhere in Izuku's head, he mentally noted himself how he doesn't have to become friends with Jiro. 'Old friends doesn't automatically mean friends now'. He felt like he was talking to Jiro while she was talking back to him because of their old acquaintance they share. In these past two weeks, Izuku has become close friends with Todoroki Shoto, mainly because he's strong.

In UA, if all the classes for the day has been completed, they were free to do whatever they desired, and for these past days Izuku has only been sparring with other people, especially Bakugo. Izuku would lose most of these fights, mostly because his head wasn't in the right space. Always at the last moment, this thought would come in. 'Why doesn't she want to talk to me? Am I annoying her?" asked Izuku to himself. And then, it would be the kick or a punch that knocks him out. And then Bakugo would always be there, annoying him.

"Are you blinking or something?? Whats the matter?? Why are you losing on purpose??" yelled Bakugo.

"No..im not its just..." said Izuku.

Then he would not finish his sentence. During the week he recalled all the times he and Jiro spoke, he then realised the last time they talked were last week, in the very beginning of school. This was mostly because the class was split in groups, there were group of girls that always hung out with girls and there were group of boys that hung out with boys. But they would occasionally talk in the common room. And then there were few girls who just talked with everybody. Of course this would be unless they had to interact during class. And then there were people that interacted with the other classes. 

They had their first quiz/test and Izuku came in 9th, after Bakugo who came in 5th, which really surprised him. Bakugo came in 5th and wondered if there was anything wrong with Izuku. Izuku was like this for the entire week. It wasn't like Jiro was avoiding boys or anything because he was seen Jiro interact with Kaminari many times. He had just decided to talk with her. 

************************************************************************************

Random day: Izuku POV 

It was late at night about 11:30 pm and I saw Jiro sitting alone on the sofa in the common room, so I approached her. And sat next to her on the sofa.