"You know how she gets sometimes. She's probably going to pop up at Christmas talking about a spiritual awakening and African Gods."

She does get like this sometimes. She could be at some retreat in the wilderness but I feel like it's something more.

"Have you guys started to date since the last time we talked because.."

"No." Onika answered the way too fast.

"I like Onika but Onika doesn't like me back." I fake frown.

"Onika it doesn't seem like you don't like her."

"Because she does." I kissed the side of her face a couple times. I knew I was making her mad.

"I do not."

"If you didn't like me you wouldn't have let me kiss you like that. Be honest with yourself and admit your feelings for me."

"I need to get back to work, I was in the middle of something." She moved my arm off her and stood up.

"Onika?" Some random guy a couple tables down called her name.

She smiled and started walking towards him. "Hey!" She doesn't smile at me like that.

The guy stood up and they hugged. Why were his hands that low?

They started talking and she was still smiling. Who is he.

"Bey stop breaking your neck, you look like a stalker."

I turned back around. "How do you think she knows him?"

She shrugged, "They're probably just friends."

"Friends. Hm.. How do you think they met? When do you think they met?"

"Calm down. They're just talking. It's not like you have a reason to be jealous, that girl doesn't want you." Yes she does.

"Why do they look so friendly? He just touched her arm and she didn't even acknowledge it."

"Ash her when she comes back, I guess."

"I definitely will. The guy needs to go to the gym, his gut is poking out."

Kelly laughed. "Bey stop. He could be a really nice guy, you never know."

"Why are they taking so long? It's been like ten minutes."

"It hasn't even been five."

I sat and waited for her to finish talking to guy. It felt like hours before she walked past our table. She was going to try to just walk right past us.

I pulled her back into the seat and she sighed. "Yes?"

"Who was that man?"

"Aren't you married? Why are you questioning me like we're together?" I don't know why she's still acting like she doesn't like me.

"I'm not. I was just wondering, I want to make sure you're safe and stuff."

"He was an old friend from high school, that's it."

"He sure was comfortable touching on you to just be a friend from high school."

"You've touched me in worse places and we're friends so..." She just shrugged.

"We're different friends. What does he do for work?"

She looked up at me, "Really? I'm single and you're married, why are you questioning me?"

"I'm only legally married, I'm single and ready to be with whatever chef wants me. I'm just asking to make sure he's not a drug dealer Onika." We all knew I was lying.

"He's an architect, I think. He actually might be a drug dealer now that you mention it, he was one in high school."

"I would rather be with a successful CEO then a drug dealer but that's just me. Have I ever showed you my credit score? It's almost perfect." I was just saying anything now.

"Bey, tighten up. You're embarrassing yourself."

"I'm not embarrassing myself, Onika knows she likes me."

"I do not."

I kissed her and she kissed me back. Oh but she doesn't like me? I'm not going to stop kissing her now that I can.

I pulled back with a smirk and leaned down to speak quietly in her ear. "Come home with me tonight. You're the boss, you can leave whenever you want."

"Okay." If I wasn't so close I wouldn't have heard her say this.

I smiled. I honestly didn't expect her to say yes.

"Okay?" I had to move back and look at her in the eyes to make sure she was sure.

"Why not? Sure."

I stopped smiling. "I don't want a why not Onika. I want a yes."

"Yes, I want to."

"I thought you didn't like me?" She needs to just admit it already.

"I never said I did."

I wasn't even going to question it. We'll take this one step at a time.

We decided not to get dessert and asked for the bill instead. I paid the whole bill so we could leave faster.

Kelly got in her own car and Onika got in mine with me and we left. I might've done it on purpose so I would have to drive her to her car in the morning.

——

Bey?

Onika?

Kelly?

Bey paying to take someone's reservation at Onikas restaurant?

Should Bey take Normani to get an abortion?

Onika still denying that she has feelings for Bey?

Onika's old friend?

Bey getting jealous?

Onika agreeing to go home with Bey? What do you think they're going to do?

vote & comment