"they're coming later," tommy explained. "they have some summer work that they're doing first."

"oh, right," dream replied, pulling up to the twins' house- it was only three doors down from their own.

holly comes out of the house quickly, running up to the car and smiling at the boys in the front.

"hey hols," dream greeted, turning around and smiling at the brunette when she climbed into the car before he started to reverse.

"hey dream, thanks for the lift," she spoke kindly, eyes darting to meet tommy's.

"anytime," dream chirped, starting the short drive to the diner.

"and we're here," he announced after what felt like hardly a minute, turning down whatever song was on the radio to say goodbye to the pair as they got out. he watched as they ran to get out of the rain, stalling for a moment to see them be seated at a two-person table.

interesting...

he quickly made his way back home, not bothering to turn back up the radio, seeing as it was back to just talking.

dream ran into his house to avoid the rain, pushing off his shoes before turning to face the lounge and almost shitting himself.

"jesus! fuck punz, you scared the shit out of me!" he gasped, hand over his heart as he stared at the boy on his couch.

"sorry," punz apologised, "you stopped replying so i just let myself in."

"yeah, well i can see that," dream laughed. "my phone's out of charge," he explained, sitting down on the armchair across from the other.

"where were you?" punz asked.

"just driving toms somewhere," he answered with a simple shrug.

"nice," punz nodded, biting his bottom lip before speaking again, "i've been thinking-"

"did it hurt?" dream joked, laughing at his friend's unimpressed expression. "sorry, continue."

"i think we should ask the others to hang out. like, casually."

"what, today?" dream asked, gaze flicking to the rain through the window.

"well i was thinking some other day when we could actually do something fun," the older boy explained.

"like what?"

"i don't know," he shrugged, though he'd clearly thought about it before, "i was thinking maybe i could invite them round to my pool."

"which one have you got a crush on?" dream asked simply, not bothering to dance around the question.

"w-what?" punz spluttered. "what do you mean?"

"the first time we properly hung out as a pair was when you thought you liked me and invited me to your pool because you wanted to see me undressed," dream reminded his friend, the other boy blushing at the embarrassing memory. "so, who is it?"

"okay one, that was all a big mistake, so stop bringing it up," punz quickly deflected, "and two, you're absolutely right and it's sapnap."

"you know sap's straight right?" dream questioned, furrowing his eyebrows as a sort of pre-apology.

"wait, for real?" punz frowned disappointedly.

"yeah, man."

"well, fuck that then. they can find their own pool," he joked, throwing his hands up and leaning back against the couch.

dream laughed, playfully rolling his eyes at the other.

"i'm just kidding, they're a fun group to hang out with," punz admitted.

"they are," dream agreed. "but if you do a pool thing you know they'll probably see..." he trailed off.

"yeah, i know," punz shrugged, unbothered. "i think i'm okay with it, honestly. my scars are all faded now, plus they show my strength and stuff so i don't really mind."

"too right they do," dream smiled, "i'm so proud of you."

"thanks," punz muttered bashfully - it was nice to make people proud.

"so when were you thinking of inviting them?"

"well i checked and the weather is supposed to be really good tomorrow," punz told the younger.

"oh wow," dream laughed, "you really planned this out, huh?"

"yeah, kinda," he admitted, rolling his lips into a disappointed line, "sort of a fruitless plan if he's straight though."

"meh, not really," dream reasoned playfully, "you'll still get to see him shirtless."

"true, true," punz nodded.

"and i get to see george shirtless too, so that's a pro."

"oh, you're still on that?" punz asked, surprised, earning a small nod from the other. "he literally hates you," punz joked.

"we're a real life haters to lovers trope," dream retorted, "just you wait."

"okay, sure you are," punz replied sarcastically.

the pair fell back into conversation, most of it being pointless until punz asked if dream had eaten today.

"i was going to have some apple slices," dream started, "but then my dad came down so i didn't."

"well why don't you have them now then?" punz suggested. "i could go set up a movie or something while you do."

"could you maybe like..." dream trailed off, clearly debating what he wanted to say.

"could i what?" punz asked. "i won't judge you or anything, you know that."

"i know, i just-" he bit his lip, avoiding eye contact, "could you maybe eat with me?"

punz couldn't hold back the small smile that forced its way across his face. "of course i can."

∞༺♡༻✧

falling in love with dream and punz as a pair icl

i have to go to workkkkkkk :(

also, i had an exam today and wrote 26 pages of a4 in 3 hours- that's impressive don't even lie.

luv ya

-kit