C H A P T E R: 2

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  II  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Then theres Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that shes going out of state for college. So, it's like, do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex? I mean, I don't know. Does that make sense to you?" He asked Robin.

Cyra was in the back seat lost in her mind. She couldn't get out what happened in the forest and knew if she told anyone that it would make it real.

"Robin! Are you listening?" Steve yelled.

"Uh, yes," She stuttered. Steve scoffed at her.

"What did I just say?"

"Something about sex with Linda," She said while trying to put mascara on.

"No, i'm talking about Heidi!" Steve turned around to look at Cyra. "Are you even listening? Cyra?"

"Uh... Huh?" She said looking at him. He sighed as he turned back at Robin.

"Robin isn't listening to anything i'm saying and neither are you," He hits the steering wheel with his hands.

"Cut me some slack please. Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7:00 in the morning, me and Cyra have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse,"

"You're worride about a pep rally? You expect me to believe that?" Cyra rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah? So?" Robin scoffed.

"So we both know what this is about? I'm not that bullshit. This is about Vickie, right Cyra?"

"I don't know. Robin is normally weird," She said looking at him throught the rear view mirror. He gave her a look.

"Thank you Cyra. See it's not about Vickie,"

"Yes, it is. You know what else?"

"I don't care-" Steve cut Robin off before she could finish her sentence.

"You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself," He said looking at Cyra in the mirror. Part of that was to her since she wasn't herself anymore. She looked away and out the window.

"You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that, right?" Robin scoffed at him.

"Maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that? I listened to you and look at me. Back in business,"

"Your dating a new girl everyday. I wouldn't call that back in business," Cyra said to her older brother. Robin put her hand back to high five her. Cyra smiled a little and Steve saw it. He was happy that she was atleast getting somewhat better.

"It's not the same thing, okay? You ask out a girl and she says no. Big deal. Nothing happens. Mybe your ego a bit bruised. I ask out the wrong girl, and bam, i'm the town pariah,"

"I'd buy that, excapt Vickie is Definitely not the wrong girl,"

"We just don't know that, do we?"

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 mintues and 5 seconds. Do you k now who pauses Fast Timmes at 53 mintues, 5 seconds? People who like boobies, Robin," He exclaimed at her.

"Ew!"

"Omg! Please shut up!"

Cyra and Robin both said at the same time.

"Boobies. Not a big deal? I like boobies. You like boobies. Vickie likes boobies. Definitely,"

"Robin, please, turn up the music," Cyra said wanting to fling herself out the window.

***

Music was blaring through the gym as Cyra and the other cheerleaders were dancing. She saw Dustin and Mike looking at her for a second before she moved her gaze to Max who wasn't paying attention to anything.

The music stopped and they all ran down to sit right in front of the bleachers.

"And let's hear it for your Tigers!" The announcer yells.

We all shook the pom poms as the boys ran out. They whole crowd yelled for the team as they ran out to there spots.

"Good morning, Hawkins High!" Jason yelled into the speaker. Cyra didn't hate Jason but didn't like him either. Her and Chrissy went to Bennys after games and she would get along with him.

"First off... I'd like to thank each and every one if you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourself a big hand!" The crowd yelled and clapped.

"And of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad," we all shook our pom poms. "Chrissy... Chrissy I love you, babe," She blew him a kiss and Cyra groaned.

"You too are gross," she whispered into Chrissy's ear. Chrissy nudged her jokingly.

Cyra started to zone out as Jason continued on. Things started to get dizzy and blurry. She tried to focus on something but nothing was clear. She closed her eyes as she tried to focus on the noise only.

She tried to get up but it was to much.

"Hey where are you going?" Chrissy asked her. Cyra couldn't give a verbal response and just left. Chrissy focused back on Jason as she walked away.

As she got outside she went over to the field where there wasn't any noise.

"Hello Cyra," a creepy voice said. She looked up at the clouds that were turning dark. She looked around and everything was dark and foggy.

"Who's there?" She spun around looking for whoever was talking.

"That's not for you to worry about. I know your suffering and I want to end that for you. Your trapped in your own mind, I'll be back. I promise," the voice disappeared and the sun came back.

Cyra was panting and trying to gain her breath back. There were tears streaming down her face as she got back up. She rushed to the bathroom to fix herself up before the pep rally ended.

She got in there and made sure no one was in a stall. She sighed after she knew she was alone.

She splashed her face with water and look at herself. She saw the scar the was on her neck. It ran down to her collarbone. It was just another reminder that she was haunted by.

After about 15 minutes she fixed her makeup and claimed herself down as she walked back into the crowded halls and blended back in.

***

She waited at her locker for Chrissy as lunch was almost over. Once she saw Chrissy, she saw her freaked out.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked her. Chrissy looked out of it.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just need to get the stuff," Cyra nodded and they walked there in silence. Once they made it to the end of the field, Cyra stopped.

"I have to get back but just sit at the table and wait. He should be here soon," Cyra said turning around.

"Thank you, I know you didn't have to do this, but thanks," Cyra nodded and than said something she thought she would never say.

"What are friends for, right?" And walked away before she could say anything back.