He's in the airport right now. His flight is at eleven at night.

I decided to walk around the street and find a restaurant where I could eat before retiring for the night. I saw a McDonald nearby. It will do for tonight. I ordered a chicken burger combo.

Several minutes later, I was walking out the McDonald and walk along the pathway to my new place. I was close to my place when an Audi A4 pulled in front of the tall building, taller than my condo, caught my attention. It looks like the car that Rodrigo used when he came to pick me up. I stood there watching when I saw a beautiful girl came out of the car and then rounded the car hastily to the passenger side and assisted a guy that looks like in his drunk state.

"Oh, man and their drinks, " I mumbled to myself, shaking my head simultaneously. I was about to walk to the entrance door but the guy stood up giving me a full view of him.

Alexander?

My legs suddenly grew roots on the ground. I stood there frozen, watching as the guard came over to help her assist him. When the girl turned to give the key to the valet, it gave me a good view of her face and I instantly recognized her.

Annabel?

So it's true until now they are together. He might even propose anytime. Why then he is still clinging on me? Maybe he was challenged because I'm too immune to his charms. If he doesn't love her then he should have dated another girl. Annabel would not be in his life by now.

Now it's all clear to me. He loves Annabel that's why until now they are still together. I tried to take what I saw positively and planted it in my head that Alexander is just a bittersweet dream.

I felt the tears rolling over my cheeks unconsciously. I quickly wipe the tears that escaped from my eyes and held up my feelings. I rushed back inside my condo and headed straight to my bedroom. I sat on the edge of my bed in a state of oblivion. I stared at the balcony absentmindedly. All of a sudden, I felt numb all over me.

Am I living in the same fate as my mom? Living in pain watching their love ones being happy with another woman? Is that supposed to be my destiny? Just like my mom's fate?

How tragic!

No, I can't. I'm stronger than her. I will never be like her. I will forget this damn feeling for him. I will find a better man who will love me and whom I will love and share my life with. Yes, I promised that. with that, I stood up and walked to the washroom and decided to take a cold shower.

I know I'm lying to myself. I could feel that hurt of being betrayed again. The pain is indescribable. I don't know how long will it take me to forget him but I swear I will get over him.

*****

ALEX POV

I woke up with a heavy heart. I swung my legs out of the bed and I winced when I felt my head being pounded. Just as I walk to the washroom Annabel came out with just a towel around her body. I used to get a real hard-on whenever I see her with any skimpy fabric but for some reasons, since I met Nicki, I can't seem to appreciate any beauties in front of me.

Shit!

I remember the cause of my drunkenness. It's going to be a long day. I checked on the time it's 10 AM. I'm very late to work.

Without bothering to look at Anna, I walk to the washroom. I'm just glad she didn't say anything. I took a shower as quickly as possible and get change.

When I walk out of my bedroom, I saw Anna in the kitchen making some breakfast I believe while she's humming. I called Rodrigo.

"I'm going to work. I'll be down in two minutes." I ordered curtly.