Chapter Two - The Cannibals

You were stuck in cages.

"Why would he do this to us? If Jack is the chief...."

"Aye, the Pelegostos made Jack their chief. But here only remains chief as long as acts like a chief."

"So he had no choice. He's a captive as much as the rest of us."

"Worse." you spoke. "You see will. The people, what are the names?"

"The Pelegostos."

"Right, thanks. The Pelegostos believe Jack is a god in human form, and they intend to do him the hounor of releasing him from his human prison."

"They'll roast him and eat him."

"Thanks Gibbs. You don't need to remind us."

"Where is the rest of the crew, Delia?"

"These cages weren't made before we got here."

"The ritual has begun, when the drums spot, his life spots with it."

"You know what. That's it. We are getting him out of there." You started to move back and forth in the cage. "Are you guys going to help me or not?"

After swinging for what seemed forever. You made the wall. "Clim!"

The drums had stopped. "Oh no. Come on men! Do it suit!"

*****

"Come on lads lift it like a lady's skirt!"

"Classy Gibbs, Classy." You rolled your eyes.

"Sorry Miss Taylor.

*****

You finally made it to the ship.

"Make ready to sail boys!"

"What about Jack?"

"I won't leave without him."

You heard someone yelling from a distance. You turned to see Jack running to the ship. Although you were still mad, you were glad to see him all in one piece.

Behind him came a whole flock of cannibals.

"Time to go." Will nudged you to get on the ship.

"Case off those Lines!"

"Oui!"

Jack made it to the ship. "Alas, my dear children, this is the day you shall always remember as the day you almost-" Before he could finish his famous line a wave crashed upon him. ".... Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Let's put some distance between us and this island and head out to the open sea."

"Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only insofar as we keep to the shallows, as much as possible."

Pintel and Ragetti placed Jack's coat on to him, making him quite confused, how they got there.

"That seems a lil' contradictory Cap'"

"I have faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills, Mister Gibbs. Now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something."

"Jack, Elizabeth is in Danger."

"Have you considered just locking her up somewhere?"

"She is locked up, in a prison, bound to hang for helping you!"

"There comes a time when one must take responsibility for one's actions."

You just rolled your eyes. That was reach coming from him.

Will took a sword to his neck. "I need that compass of yours, Jack. I must trade it for her freedom."

"Mister Gibbs."

"Captain."

"We have a need to travel up river."

"By need, do you mean a trifling need? A fleeting? As in, say, a passing fancy?"

"No. A resolute and unyielding need."

"What we need to do is make sail for Port Royal with all haste."

"William. I shall trade you the compass, if you will help me, find this."

"You want me to find this?"

"No. You want to you to find this, because the finding of this finds you incapacitorially finding and/or locating in your discovering a way to save your dolly belle, ol' what's-her-face. Savvy?"

"This is going to save Elizabeth?"

"How much do you know of Davy Jones?"

"Not much."

"Yeah, this will save Elizabeth."

*****

You were in Jack's cabin.

"Delia? Love, you seem to be still upset with me."

"Do I?"

Jack just looked at you questionably.

"We'll let's see shall we." You got up from the chair and walked over.

"First, you keep a secret from me that entails your quite possible death. Second you somehow land us on an island where the people somehow think you are a God, and plan to release you, whilst killing half of our crew, making them into cages that Me and the others were trapped in. Then, you trick Will into helping you, so he can free Elizabeth from dying. Just to Save you! So no, I'm not upset with you."

"Really? Because you see it?"

"Oh my god, oh my god. Jack, look I know that you have a talent of getting yourself into trouble. But the next time you think that you can lie to me. Think again. And on that same note; why exactly are we traveling upriver?"

"Right. Well, I ahh... somehow who can help find what the key is for. I know there."

You still look quite annoyed.

"Love. Look, I'm not one for apologies. But I never meant to hurt you. Only to protect. And if I'm being completely honest, I never knew about the beast. Only that I would have served Jones's crew. Which apparently has turned into going to the locker."

He looked at you with puppy dog eyes, hoping you would come back to seeing things from his side.

How could you be made at him when he does that.

"Ok. I forgive you." He gave you a smile. "But please Jack; please don't put yourself in anymore danger. Or at least try. Ok?"

"I'll try. But I want you to know. As I've always said. I will protect you."