|Chapter 4: Water+Electricity|

"Why did it take three days to get here?" You wondered blankly, staring out over the water in absolute confusion. Adrian clenched his eyes shut, you'd been slowing everything down every chance you got, to the point where a shiny Joltik had begun following you around for a while. "Nevermind, I'm gonna go change into my bathing suit and look for a Chinchou." You blatantly changed the subject, slipping off of Arcanine with Espurr following, and wandered off into a patch of brush. Adrian anxiously rubbed his face in exhaustion, you were going to be the death of him. He honestly had no idea about everything, but what you wanted to do. You wandered back into sight, pulling your hair back into a ponytail; your figure being exposed to him for the first time since you were kids, due to your bathing suit. Your bathing suit was a one piece that showed both of your sides, and bits of your stomach through the mesh. You seemed rather engrossed in listening to Espurr's purposeful chitters. You placed Espurr in Adrian's arms and walked over to the edge of the pier and looked around. You assessed the distance and took several steps back eyeballing the distance. Finally, Adrian realized what you were doing and spoke up, "No no no, don't you dare jump off that-" WOSH! You jumped off the pier, into the water. You popped your head out of the water and took a deep breath before diving back down. Swimming down further, you saw the two familiar lights and forced yourself down farther, until you were facing the Pokémon, upside down. It perked up at your appearance, and began swimming around your head. You waved at it and began to swim back up, waving for it to follow you. Slowly, you and the Chinchou returned to the surface, where you were greeted with Adrian's yelling. "WHAT THE HELL YOU SHITTY GIRL?!?" He pretty much screamed at you as you took big deep breaths, still treading water. "Cool.. Hah.... It... Dude..." You gasped out swimming to the pier and getting up on the wood. Curiously, the water/electric type followed you, floating in front of you as you sat panting. Once you managed to catch your breath, you looked down to greet the Angler Pokémon. "Hi Chinchou, my name's Y/n, my friend Austin is really fond of you, would you mind coming with me, to meet him?" You questioned, placing your elbows on your knees, hands intertwined beneath your chin. It chittered at you in confusion, swimming in circles before hopping up onto your lap and nuzzling your hand. You laughed softly, "I take that as a yes?" You asked, earning a positive chirp. Meanwhile, Adrian stood baffled. You had dragged him here, delaying getting there for three days, to talk a Chinchou into going with you to meet his brother. You held the Chinchou as you walked over to Arcanine, still dripping wet, placing your new traveling companion on the large fire type's back before letting him air dry you with his breath. "Is it crack?" Adrian asked out of nowhere. "What?" You wondered, squeezing water out of you hair, raising an eyebrow. "Is it crack that you smoke?" He whispered, a slightly spooked look in his eyes as Espurr wiggled her way out of his arms to greet the new addition to the traveling party. You rolled your eyes, slipping your shorts back on along with your cardigan. "No, it's revival herb." You you burst sarcastically, slipping your shoes back on. Before you could climb back up on Arcanine, Adrian grabbed you and turned you to face him, a serious look on his face. "You're smoking weed?" "Oh my god!" Adrian forcefully lead you to Lumios City, irritating you to no end. When he tried to lead you back to Route 4, you broke away and ran off toward Route 16 towards Lavare. Long story short you succeeded in making him follow you to Lavare. And suceeded in putting off returning home another 4 days (it'd take that long just to get to Dendamille from Lavare) in addition to the 5 days you've already been gone. You made Adrian let you stop at the Pokémon Center to get everyone checked up, including the egg you'd been carrying. As it turned out, Chinchou had Pokérus, and it had spread to Espurr and Arcanine, which was amazing to you. Pokérus was a rare virus that actually improved the growth of the afflicted Pokémon. It was more rare than finding a shiny Pokémon. Acording to Nurse Joy, the Egg was very healthy, but wasn't close to hatching yet. You were okay with that though. You actually wanted to get home before it hatched, so you could convince your father to let you keep it. By now, Espurr had attached herself to Adrian, who begrudgingly became attached to her. You couldn't be more content with your shitmongering.