And some low-rise boot cut jeans in the same color. Then I top it off with a simple pearl choker.
(I felt like playing dress up y'all 😂)

Satisfied with everything, I slip on my shoes and bound downstairs. Lucien's reading a book in the living room and he looks up when he sees me.

"Someone looks excited," he smiles, closing his book and getting up to walk over to me.

"Do you like my outfit?" I ask him giddily.

"It's very nice," he chuckles.

I hear the sound of a car pulling up outside and my heart jumps. "I think he's here!"

"Wait, Ash. Er...how do I say this?" Lucien scratches the back of his head awkwardly. I tilt my head in confusion, waiting for him to continue. What could it be?

"You two are using some form of contraceptive, right?"

"Oh," my face goes red and I look down, completely mortified. So he knows. I mean, of course he does!

"Um D-Daemon gets the p-pill for me," I reply, embarrassing myself even further because I'm exposing the fact that we do it raw. But when I was in heat, that was the only way to calm me down. It also feels nicer, in general.

"Ah. Okay. Good." He chuckles nervously, "50 is too young to be a grandfather,"

"L-Lucien.!" I squeak, covering my face with my hands. I didn't know it could get worse from him knowing his own son bangs me.

"I'm sorry, my boy. Go have fun," he ruffles my hair and I give him a hug.

"Bye!" I exclaim before I'm rushing out the door, thankful to leave that painfully awkward situation behind. But it shows that Lucien cares, and I appreciate it.

I walk down the steps to where my mate waits, a bouquet of roses in his hands. He's not wearing a suit, of course he isn't, and I wouldn't want him to. I like him how he is. My rugged Daemy dressed in his dark jeans and leather jacket.

When he sees me his eyes widen and fill with affection and I nearly tear up at how he's looking at me. He holds a hand out to me but I don't take it, instead throwing myself into his arms.

Instantly he's picking me up and spinning me around as I bury my smiling face into his neck.

"You look beautiful," he says softly into my ear and I blush, my heart warming at the compliment. Still holding me up, he observes my face, eyes trailing over my features. "You put on white eyeliner, right?"

"Yes," I giggle, not expecting him to know a specific makeup term.

"It suits you. Matches your hair," he grins, kissing me again as he sets me down. "Your whole...thing," he refers to my outfit, "Its super cute," he says in adoration.

"I'm glad you like it," I blush. "You look so handsome, too," I say, adjusting the collar of his jacket.

It's his turn to blush now, because his face reddens and he looks away, holding my hand as he guides me to his car. Cutie! He can't take a compliment!

*

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise," he grins to himself, obviously excited about whatever he's gonna show me.

When we reach our destination, I don't know what to expect. He parks the car and we get out, but I'm confused. We're in a neighborhood with just a few houses. But he takes me by the hand and leads me to one of them. It's two story, but small, and it looks really cozy with the deep brown paneling and dark tinted windows.