"Have you eaten?"

Kei quickly glanced at her in the mirror, not expecting the question. "I had some coffee and bread. Yes."

Yui nodded and pressed her lips. "Is there anything you want to eat? It's still a bit early. You can join me for breakfast."

"I'm fine. But thank you."

"I really wanted to treat you for a meal to say thank you for last time. And... I'm sorry if you were, you know, kind of forced to be my personal bodyguard."

Yui fidget on her hands but she still smiled at Kei casually. So, he just smiled back despite focusing his eyes on the road.

"Oh, don't mention it. I should be the one thanking you for giving me a full-time job." he chuckled, wanting to wash away any awkwardness inside the car between them. After all, he found out that Jiro and Yui were attending the same school through his training class. He was worried that his brother would find out and see him at campus, but he just hoped it won't happen too soon.

"Really? I'm glad then! Don't worry. I haven't had anyone attacking me like that ever! It was the first time. So, you don't have to worry about being stab again because of me."

This made both of them laugh. Kei silently hoped it will be the case, too.

"So, breakfast?"

Kei flashed another friendly smile at her through the mirror and just nodded. "Sure."

For the sake of clearing any awkwardness between them, Kei just let her treat him for breakfast as he also wanted to have a friendly vibe with Yui to make his job easier.

After breakfast not too far from the university, they were already laughing and joking around with each other, which both of them felt relieved. Just in time, they've reached the campus and Kei dropped her off in the front gate.

He opened the door for Yui and casually smiled. "If you need anything, just call me."

"Thank you! You don't have to wait here all day. I can just call you later."

Kei nodded. "Alright. Your class will end around 5, right? I'll be here on time."

Yui also nodded and shyly smiled, feeling her chest pound by how casual Kei sounded as he talked to her. She couldn't help but silently admire the man even more.

"Okay, I got to go."

"See you later."

Yui sucked the inside of her cheeks, stopping herself from blushing after seeing Kei's smile with his cute tiny dimple subtly showing on his left cheek. She raised her hands and gave him cute tiny waves while watching him open the car door.

"Nii-chan?"

The familiar voice made Kei shut his eyes for a moment and almost cursed in his head. Yui turned her head to her other side, watching a guy approached her bodyguard.

"Nii-chan, why are you here?"

It was Jiro, holding the strap of his bag as he stood not too far from his brother.

"Oh, you're... early."

"Uh, it's Monday? What are you doing here?"

Yui couldn't leave the scene, so she just stood there watching. While Kei forced a smile and fronted his brother, unconsciously touching the back of his neck.

"I just dropped off my new boss. Have you eaten breakfast?"

Jiro just nonchalantly nodded. "Your new boss is studying here?"

Kei plastered an awkward smile and he unconsciously gazed at Yui's direction to which Jiro followed with his head, seeing the young lady standing by the gate watching them in a confusion. But she let out a timid smile.

Jiro brought back his gaze to his brother with a surprised look and closed their distance to whisper his next words. "Is she?

Kei shut his eyes and pressed his lips while nodding in response. His smile widened seeing the look on his brother.

"Everyone in the campus knows who she is."

Kei chuckled and patted Jiro's head. "Sorry, I didn't tell you. Now, go. You'll miss your class."

Jiro straightened on his back and cleared his throat. "Please call me whenever you can, okay?"

Kei smiled and nodded. After saying his goodbye, Jiro watched the car drive away until it disappeared from his sight. When he turned around, he was a bit surprised to see Yui still standing there. He thought she was long gone.

"Hi." Yui smiled.

"Hi."

"I'm assuming you're Sakai-san's brother."

Jiro unconsciously touched his nape. "Yes. I'm Sakai Jiro."

"I'm Kimura Yui. Sophomore in Business Management."

"Oh, I'm a senior in the same department." he subtly giggled.

"Really? You look... younger. Can I call you [senpai] then?"

Jiro was a bit flustered, not expecting the friendly aura from Yui. The lady is probably the most well-known student in the campus since she entered there because of her family status. He isn't a guy who usually pays attention to the people around him except his few friends, but he still knows those campus celebrities as what others say and one of them is definitely Yui. Aside from her family name, she's also undeniably pretty which is why some of his department block mates are crushing on her. He couldn't believe he will meet Yui like this because of his brother. But he remained cool and casual being the senior between them.

"Sure. You can call me anything. You're my brother's boss after all."

Hearing that word boss, Yui somehow felt awkward and shy. So, she just chuckled. "Oh, can we be friends then?"

Jiro's lips curled up at the unexpected request, giving him confused eyes. "S-Sure. Why not? That is if you want to be friends with your bodyguard's brother."

His words made Yui chuckle and the first impression of the heiress being a snob slowly faded.

***

(A/n: Senpai is an informal/casual way of addressing your seniors in organization, business, school, etc in Japan, while Kouhai is for junior.)

---END OF CHAPTER 7---