E02: What Are We Going To Do?

Previously:

Gulf gestured at the baby.

"Somebody left him on our doormat. Just a letter from a teen mom and no family to speak of. Somebody literally gave me a baby. So uh... say hello, Mew. "

The shopping bag and the diaper packs the alpha was holding dropped to the floor with a thud. The baby made a tiny noise.

"What in the hell, Gulf."

What Are We Going To Do?

2

"Ey, you finally knock up Gulf huh? A bit too early for a maternity leave application, don't you think?"

Mew huffed and gave his smirking colleague, one Earth Pirapat, an unamused look. "That's not even funny."

He looked back at the screen and continued typing. Purposely clicking on the keys louder to ignore the other man.

The unapologetic alpha swiped the stress ball off Mew's desk and threw it up in the air, parking his butt at the edge of Mew's slightly cluttered space and caught the squishy thing. Earth smiled, being slightly nosy as he tried to peek at the digital form. Mew turned his laptop away, glaring at the other.

"How do you even know I'm filing for a maternity leave?"

Earth scoffed. "Please, I fill it in way too many times. You know Mix will kill me if I didn't finish this paperwork in time. I've seen it way too many times I can just tell from a glance."

The ball landed in his palm and the other alpha froze, rethinking his joke as he did a mental calculation. Earth stared the other engineer down. "The question is, why are you filling in this form? Something you wanna tell me?"

Mew kept mum. Earth squinted at the screen, watching what Mew wrote while Mew pretended he was air.

"Shit. Starting next week? That can't be right. I can still smell your fresh stank. You shared Gulf's heat. I know 'cause I pick up after you for the project. He wouldn't have one if he were pregnant. You came back to work just two days ago-"

Mew smirked when Earth fell silent with a large frown on his face. Trying his best to figure out what was going on. He let the other man suffer to overwork his brain. No forthcoming questions were asked as the tanned alpha puzzled over Mew's situation.

"Unless you knocked somebody else up. Is this like a surprise paternity claim? I'd think I'd know if you ever slept with someone other than Gulf. Shit, did you? You didn't use protection? Come on, answer me man!"

Mew's lips stayed zipped shut. And Earth frowned ever more as he watched the fair-skinned alpha. He watched the screen as Mew typed in his details.

"Meung, you spelled your street wrong."

"Damn. Thanks." He might have pressed the delete button a bit too hard.

"Okay I give. There's something wrong. I can't figure it out. So you're just gonna tell me. Come on. What happened?"

Mew grunted but his fingers were still busy typing away.

Earth waited until Mew sighed and closed his laptop. With one big inhale, he looked up, worked his jaw in contemplation and exhaled harshly. He clasped his hands together, fingers jittery but Earth was slowly spreading his pheromones, not in a threat but in solidarity to calm Mew down. Mew didn't even realise he was getting himself worked up until the scent registered and he relaxed.