"Like i said earlier, you know how the remnant in your body isn't working and how your eyes turned purple when i first injected the remnant in you?"
"Yes..just tell me what's wrong already.."
"..William have you looked at Layla's eyes before?"
"Yes..? Why..?"
"..do you not notice anything out of the ordinary..?"
"No.."
"William. Her eyes are violet."
"..okay? What's wrong with that..? I have violet yes as well."
"William. You can't have violet eyes when you are born. No one in this whole damn world has that eye color except you and her."
"..what..but just because she has a weird eye color, doesn't mean that there's something wrong with her Liam!"
"..are you sure about that..?"

I look at Layla and she looks back at me with those seemingly innocent eyes of hers.
"Liam where are you going with this.."
"..she could be the reason why the remnant in your body isn't working."
I froze in my spot and i now look at Liam, who is avoiding eye contact with me.

"..what. No..Liam you're.. you're joking right!?"
"No William. I wouldn't joke about something like this. I hate to say it but i think i am right. She is the reason."
"No..this can't be..but how!? How is she the reason!?"
"..i already tested your blood earlier and i found something weird. Half of the remnant in your body are gone. They just disappeared. Then i realized Layla's not normal eye color. It is the exact same eye color that you have. Violet. But do you still remember your original eye color? Your eyes were Hazel. your eyes turned violet only after i gave you the remnant. So if your original eye color was hazel, that means Layla's eye color should've been hazel like yours or silver like mine. She could've somehow transferred most of the remnants in your body into hers accidentally which could explain her odd eye color."

I just stare at him in shock and tries to process everything he just said.
"I-..Liam this is a lot to process.."
"I know i know.."
"Wait..how would you know that the remnant is in her body..?"
"I don't. That's why I want to ask your permission to get a bit of her blood to see if I'm right."
"..i suppose you can..but wait..i have one question though.."
"What is it?"
"When you injected the remnant into my body, it felt painful. It felt like i was dying. So..how did Layla survive that.."
"I..i don't know.."
"Liam is..is she okay!?"
"I don't know William. But I'm going to try and get to the bottom of this. I'm worried for her too! She's my daughter for god's sake! I'd do anything for her."

Silence fills the room and not even Layla's babbles could break it.
"Just go rest William.. we'll talk about this later. Bring Layla with you."
I did what he told me to do and left the basement with Layla without saying anything.
All this is overwhelming me and is giving me anxiety.
I mean..how in the actual fuck are you supposed to react after finding out your daughter was the reason that you almost died..?

A new question appears in my mind.
Does Liam hate Layla after this..?
No..
Will Liam harm her in any way..?
He wouldn't do that to his own daughter right..?

I snap out of my thoughts when Layla starts chewing on my thumb.
"..Don't worry sweetie..i'll protect you.."
______________________________________________
-Liam-

I already took a bit of Layla's blood with William's permission and as expected..i found the rest of William's remnant in her body. But that still leaves one question. How did she survive in William's stomach?

She couldn't possibly survive that..
I sigh in frustration as i pinch the bridge of my nose.
I'm just glad that she somehow managed to survive..
Wait what if..
What if i run some tests on other humans..?
Oh William is going to fucking hate me for this..
But what else am I'm supposed to do?

I get up from my chair before i make my way to the living room and there i see William and Layla.
"William. I'm going out for a while, take care of Layla while I'm gone."
"Alright..but where are you going?"
"I just need to kill for a little bit."
"Oh i see..well, be back before dinner."
"I will."