I pull out my pocket knife and brings the knife close to his neck to let him know I'm serious.
"Does it look like I'm joking..?"
"I... you're sick! Let me go!"
"Tick tock..the clock is ticking..if you don't answer i might as well just kill you.."
"W-wait! Okay okay I'll explain! I was making fun of Danny and i was calling him names! And out of nowhere he decided to punch my nose and we both ended up fighting! There i explained! Please let me go!"
"..so you made fun of my son and you decided to fight him back and give him a fucking black eye!? You little piece of shit! You expect me to let you go after this!?"
"is everything alright out there?" The principal's voice can be heard inside the office.

I cover the boy's mouth so that he won't scream.
"Oh uhm yes! Just give us a few seconds!"
"Ah i see.."
I hear him walking away from the door and i let out a sigh.
"..I'm letting you go but if you ever mess with my son ever again i won't hesitate to murder you. And don't even think about telling someone about this. I know where everyone in this Town lives. I can come to your house and slaughter your family anytime i want. Understand?"

He nods multiple times before i drop him on the ground. I walk back into the office with the kid behind me and i am immediately greeted by the principal who is staring suspiciously at me.
"..can i take my son home now? I need to treat his wounds since my husband will be home soon and he would not like it if he sees his son like this."
"I suppose you can..but you need to teach your son manners so that something like this never happens again."
"Oh i see..i understand." I said as i clutch my fist in anger.

"You may leave my office Mr. Afton. It was nice talking to you."
I walk over to Danny and carefully picks Layla up as she stirs in her sleep.
"Can you walk buddy..?"
He nods as he takes my hand before we both leave the office.
______________________________________________
The ride home was silent..
I didn't say anything to Danny since i figured we  would talk about it at home.
I open the front door as we walks in and gets greeted by the smell of something burning.
Wait..

"Oh shit!"
I quickly put Layla on the couch and rush to the kitchen as the smell of smoke immediately hits my nose. I take off my jacket and turn on the faucet to wet the jacket. I throw the wet jacket on to the hot burning stove and lowers the stove temperature.

I grab an empty glass and fills it with water before i throw the water on the stove. I continue doing this before the fire eventually dims and disappear. I let out a sigh in relief before going to my office and grabbing the med kit.

I walk back into the living room and sits on the couch with Danny next to me. I open the medkit as i look at all the medicines and items, feeling slightly confused on how to treat his wounds.
I didn't study any kinds of medical stuff when i was in college, i chose to study more about coding and engineering instead. So I'm not always the best at treating people's wounds.
But all those years of Clara abusing me and my children had sort of taught me more about medical treatments. After all..i was the one that had to treat my children's bruises after Clara had beaten them up.

I pick up the ice pack and slightly press it on his bruised hand which made him wince slightly. I continue to do this with other bruises on his body and i treated some cuts that were on arms. I finished treating him as i put the items back in the medkit.

"..could you..explain what happened..?"
He continues to look down and i could see him fidgeting with the hem of his shirt nervously.
"Look..if you're not ready to explain then that's alright..we can always try again later after you are fully-"
"D..ad"

I froze in my spot as i slowly turn to Danny wondering if that was apart of my imagination and if i am slowly going crazy. That voice couldn't have belonged to Layla because it sounded like a little boy and Layla is only one month old for fucks sake.
"..what..?"
"..da..d"

He coughed after saying that and continues to choke which snapped me back to reality. I quickly run to the kitchen and grabs an empty glass before filling them with water. I run back to the living room and gives the glass of water to him. He drinks the water as i rub his back and his choking stops after that. I put the glass on the table as i inhale a sharp breath.

"You..you can talk this whole time..?"
He nods as he still keeps his gaze on the floor.
"W-why didn't you..why didn't you say anything before..?"
I hate how my voice cracks everytime i speak.
It makes me look like a weak person.

I can see tears forming in his eyes and before i know it he sobs as tears streams down his face. I embrace him in a hug as i rub his back as an attempt to comfort him. He continues to sob and bury his face on my chest as i try my best to calm him down.
"H..urts.." was all he managed to say as his sobs got louder.
"I know buddy i know.."

I brush his hair using my fingers and hums a song that Liam usually hums when he is comforting me. I was never that good at comforting but i got better at after i had my children. I was the one who comforted them when they were upset. It made me feel slightly pressured. I feel like if i failed to comfort them then i would also fail as a parent. I failed being a parent to Terrence. And maybe my to my other children as well. I should've been a better parent to Michael, i should've protect Evan more, i should've brought Elizabeth with me to show her Circus Baby and i should've paid more attention to Terrence.

I let out a sigh as his sobs eventually stops but i could still feel his tears falling and soaking my shirt.
"There there..calm down buddy..i know it hurts..it will all be okay.."
I kiss his head and after awhile his crying stops. 

"Danny look at me.."
He looks up and i could see his red puffy eyes.
"Do you feel comfortable talking..?"
"N..o..hur..ts"
"You are probably not used to talking..that's why it hurts.."
"Sor..ry"
"What are you apologizing for..?"
"..for..c..ant..talk"
"You're apologizing because you can't talk..?"

He nods as he looks away from me.
"Oh Danny don't apologize..it's not your fault that your mute..plus i don't mind that you can't talk..i only care on what makes you feel comfortable and happy"
"Rea..lly..?"
"Of course. I love you buddy, i want to make sure that you feel safe"He looks up at me before burying his face on my chest again.

"L..ove yo..u too"
I froze in my spot as my heart feels like it's melting at what he just said. I see a glimpse of Terrence when i look at him. I feel tears pooling in my eyes as i feel a stab in my heart. I let out a choked sob before eventually bursting into tears. I hold him close to me feeling scared that i would lose him.

"Da..d..? Sis..ter is cryi..ing.."
"O-oh.."
I didn't notice Layla crying and i try my best to stop crying first before picking Layla up to try and see what's wrong with her.
"Calm down sweetie..Daddy's here.."
Tears are still pouring out of my eyes but i continue to comfort Layla the best i could.

"Da..d are y..ou oka..y..?"
"Yes Terrence..I'm fine.."
"..Te..rre..nce..?"
"I mean Danny! I'm sorry..i just..i just miss him so much..i miss my son..you look like him.."
"Was h..e nice..?"
"..he was my first child. He was the best..he saw me as his hero. But i was stressed with work and my wife, i didn't focus on my two children. We had a fight one day..but little did i know that would be the last time i would ever talk to him."
"What happe..ned?"
"..he killed himself. And i was the reason why he killed himself. Maybe if i paid more attention to him he would still be alive now..and maybe you two would meet each other."
"He sou..nds cool.."
"Yes..yes he does."

"Not yo..ur fau..lt" he said as he puts his hand on mine for reassurance.
I smile softly before wiping my tears with my free hand.
"Haha..your papa is going to freak out when he hears about this..unless you want me to keep it a secret?"
"Sec..ret"
"Okay then, it will be our little secret..i promise I won't tell him anything."

I look to see that Layla has already calmed down and slowly falling asleep.
"I need to put your sister to bed. You should go rest in your room, I'll call you downstairs when lunch is ready."