Chapter 29 : Other Leaders

Start from the beginning

"Pfft-"

Horikita slightly snorted to herself, before turning her attention towards her book, smiling to herself.

Unknown to her, Kushida immediately glared at Ayanokouji before forcing a smile on her face, as she changed the topic.

"A-ayanokouji-kun, you have a bedhead. Did you not get enough sleep?"

"Not really. I just had a nightmare, which was so scary, that I had to stay awake all night."

This gained the curiosity of both the girls as Horikita closed her book before looking towards her brown eyed friend.

"And what was the so-called 'scary' nightmare'? Would you like to elaborate?"

"Don't even remind me. In my nightmare, Kushida tied me to a chair and was constantly chanting at me, "Ayanokouji-kun please be my friend" ,over and over like it was some sort of ritual. It truly was a terrifying sight"

Unable to keep her stoic face anymore, Horikita started giggling to herself while Kushida wore a fake sad expression on her face.

"Why are you being so mean Ayanokouji-kun? I just want to talk with you..."

"And that's where the problem lies. 'You' want to talk with me, whereas 'I' don't want to talk with you. Also can you stop pestering Horikita? It's been 1 and a half month....I think you should get the idea by now that she wants nothing to do with you."

"He is absolutely correct. You and I are way too different Kushida-san. You trying to make friends with me, is in fact making my distaste towards you increase more and more with every interaction.

Also, you don't have to worry about me being alone.... I made some acquaintances with whom I enjoy my time way more than I do with you."

Kushida wore a frustrated expression on her face while sending a cold glare towards Kiyotaka. As soon as he noticed it, he slightly whistled to himself as he slightly patted his chest and gave Kushida a light nod.

Understanding his gesture, her glare vanished as Kushida forced a smile on her face, giving him a nod in response.

'That's right....You are nothing but my puppet as of now....Carve this one thought in your mind.'

"Thank you for helping me back there, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Don't worry about that. I noticed that everytime Kushida tried to engage in a conversation with you, your face looked uncomfortable. I tried to help you the best I can."

"And you did a remarkable job at that. I tried to shrug her off so many times but she just kept pestering me over and over. Hopefully this will be the end of that."

'I sure have some doubts about that.'

As the both of them were walking towards their room, Kushida walked a little in front of them and was constantly taking glances towards Horikita and Ayanokouji.

"Also....just because you helped me...Don't think I forgot what you said just now."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"