ii. men and their hero complexes

mi-sun had always been self-conscious about her looks, considering she used to have acne and wasn't exactly underweight

mi-sun had always been self-conscious about her looks, considering she used to have acne and wasn't exactly underweight. it wasn't that she wasn't pretty back then, because if you asked cheong-san, she was beautiful, it was that she would be the main target of the bullies at her school. this stopped as they got to high school, the girl having a major glow-up. more people had wanted to talk to her, and they actually called her by her name for once.

"ok so should i wear my hair up, or down?" mi-sun asked, pulling her hair up, then letting it fall.

"i think you should be quiet!" onjo says, mi-sun rolling her eyes.

she nudged onjo's shoulder. "that is not the way to talk to your future wife, onjo." she said with a smirk, the latter scoffing with a smile. "and besides, you had just asked me the same question when we went to cheongsan's mom's restaurant."

cheong-san, onjo, and mi-sun have always walked to school together, considering they all live in the same apartment complex.

"mi-sun." cheong-san said, snapping mi-sun out of her conversation with onjo.

"rude! me and my fiance were talking!" onjo said with a smile, making mi-sun chuckle.

"whatever. i got you those shoes you wanted for your birthday." he said, handing her a box.

"the moon boots?" she asked, cheong-san nodding. "oh my god cheong-san, i love you so much, thank you!" mi-sun exclaimed, giving cheong-san a bear hug.

"back off punk! that's my wife!" onjo playfully yelled at cheong-san. she then turned to mi-sun. "i got you something better."

mi-sun's eyes widened. "what is it?"

"you'll have to wait." on-jo teased, knowing the girl's lack of patience.

"ugh, well, i hope it's a ring." mi-sun said, winking at the girl, a blush erupting in on-jo's cheeks.

mi-sun was always considered touchy and flirty to others. considering she has been touch-deprived her whole childhood, that was until she met her best friends, of course, she was always just like that,  and most of the time she was 'flirting' she was just joking around, though she never seemed to know when to stop a joke.

the group began to run forward as the other students did, mi-sun and onjo barely missing the time.

a man held a yardstick in front of the girls, on-jo groaning. 

nobody ever wanted to be late, part of the reason being that it was common knowledge this man was a creep.

if there was anything mi-sun was good at, it was lying.

she looked up at the older man with pleading eyes. "sir, i'm really sorry i was up all night studying for my test today, it's really hard." she said, emphasizing the last part.