fifty nine | mandatory brunch meeting

ابدأ من البداية

It was then that the door opened and in came Jervis Tetch, who just entered the room and stopped right next to Jerome, as Jerome said, "The one thing that'll tie it all together."

While he grinned at Jervis, he gestured towards the open seat right beside him.

While Oswald looked between Jervis and Jerome with wide eyes, Annabelle slowly moved her hand over to Oswald's and lightly squeezed his hand, since she could hear his rapid heartbeat.

Then Oswald looked over at Annabelle, who didn't even bother to pay a glance at him.

It was only then that he remembered Annabelle telling him the night before that she wouldn't let Jerome do anything else to him, but that wasn't what worried him.

What worried him was what Jerome actually had planned for the city, if he held no interest in taking over the underworld.

Knowing Jerome, he had to have something rather horrible planned, if he refused to share the whole plan with everyone that had a part in it.

Not to mention the fact that he already told Annabelle what she needed to do and left him and the others unaware of her position in his plan.

Knowing how Annabelle could be when she was being told what to do, he was worried about what it was that Jerome had asked of her to do.

And this, above all things, was what worried him the most.

* * *

While standing in between Annabelle Mikaelson and an unknown, elderly woman inside of an elevator, Jerome whistled to himself as he looked around the inside of the elevator.

As she quietly stood beside him, Annabelle simply blinked and refrained from the urge to roll her eyes, while Jerome tried to continue to whistle, only for him to stop and turn to the elderly woman and say to her, "I used to be a great whistler."

The woman only said 'mm-hmm', while he gestured towards his own face.

At that point, Annabelle simply sighed to herself.

She wanted nothing more than to be out of the elevator and killing someone.

After waiting for a couple more moments, the elevator doors opened and Jerome quickly walked towards the receptionist's desk with Annabelle close behind him.

It was only when he reached the desk that he said to the receptionist, "Um, yeah, hi. I'm here to see Xander Wilde. And, no... I don't have an appointment."

After looking between Jerome and the gun he had held against his shoulder, the receptionist couldn't help it as her eyes widened even more when she saw Annabelle Mikaelson silently standing behind him and looking around the lobby with feigned interest.

It was only when Annabelle turned to look at the receptionist and mockingly waved at her that her eyes became even wider, while she shakily pointed towards the staircase before she quickly got out of her chair and ran towards the backroom.

Then Jerome said to her, "Don't bother going to security. They're all... Headless."

Annabelle simply raised her eyebrows to herself, while she listened to the sound of the receptionist's screaming before she followed Jerome towards the staircase and then started to walk up the stairs after him.

While they walked up the stairs, Annabelle looked around the building.

She didn't know why he needed to go and find this Xander Wilde he mentioned to her, but she didn't bother to question it.

The more she went along with his plan, the more people she could possibly kill, so she remained silent and simply watched, while Jerome jumped over the last step and walked into the closest room.