Episode 4: Recklessness...

Start from the beginning

" A-Ayano....Ayanokoji-kun..." Her tone was shaky, full of fear. I can tell that Director Lumine must've told her something else regarding my identity. If I were to guess, she must have told Horikita that I was an individual with a special background.

That ambiguity that director Lumine instilled upon Horikita's weak mind, is the exact reason why Horikita should feel the most fear if she ever went on my bad side. The fact that she knows little to nothing about me, provides her with an ample supply of logic to not push the matter further.

"....O-Okay...." She finally said, her eyes losing that spark and looking absolutely defeated.

Satisfied with her reply, I immediately let go of her wrist and returned to my usual monotone demeanor.

" I think we'll be receiving new tasks in a bit. Shall we go?" I asked.

".....Hai...." She nodded her head despite looking downcast.

I released a sigh. Perhaps I'm being too harsh on her. She's currently experiencing a feeling that I was never able to understand, I don't know what it's like to lose a person who is close to me. I can't empathize with her desperation and yearning to avenge the one she lost.

"...For what it's worth, Horikita. I wish you all the best in achieving your goal, I will not stand in your way nor will I lend you a hand. If you truly wish to go through with this, then do everything you can but under no circumstances should you ever try to drag me into it. " I decided to tell her that at the very least.

She looked at me with an expression I wasn't too familiar with but it seems like a bit of the spark had returned in her eyes. That's good, if one wishes to gain what they desire the most, then one must be willing to do anything....EVERYTHING....to realize it.

Ding! Our phone simultaneously received a notification.