8.

"Well then I'll go in and drag you out myself!"

"Wait no!"
_______________________________
Mario's POV

Though I never told the guild this, and I never was planning to, but because of this spell I might have to come clean about a lot of things about my past that I wanted them to never find out.

       One of those things being I was a dragon hybrid, now that wouldn't have been a bad thing if our kind wasn't considered monsters because of the fact that in old folk lore story's pictured our kind as relentless killing machines that only wanted the destruction and blood of humanity on our hands. And as old story's would have it people always believed it until they didn't, but that time still hasn't come for us because more and more rumors are starting every year about our kind and how we are linked to the disappearances of entire villages and city's. But that's just because they can't face the reality that it wasn't the so called monsters that made those city's and towns go off the maps and in fact that it was their own kind.

        And don't get me wrong I have nothing against the people that believe that we are monsters, I mean the majority of the people that hate us are scared of us because they've never meet one of our kind.

       But the people I do hold a grudge against are the people that hunt our kind. Across the globe there are groups of hunters that are trained to specifically kill our kind. They are taught how to decimate the few city's we have, they chose to kill innocent people, and at the end of the day they just laugh it off like nothing even happened

      And another reason I didn't tell the guild this is because of the type of dragon hybrid that I am. My type isn't known to be the strongest out of  the others. I'm a cavern dragon hybrid which means I can easily see in the dark, hide in small spaces, and even be able to eat the earth. But that comes with the downside of our kind being small so we can fit into the small spaces in caves and caverns, but because we can hide very easily our instincts tell us not to fight but to run and hide to safety. Which brings us to our current situation where my instincts are yelling at me to burrow into the ground and stay hidden till the end of eternity! _______________________________
I frantically looked around, the smoke looked like it would clear in about two minutes so I had a little bit of time to hide. But I could already see the outline of someone approaching in the smoke so I have to make a choice now.

I decided the best option would to just dig a hole into the guild hall and just cover it up, then dig the hole all the way to my house and get everything that was in it and leave Alantide for good.

I activated my magic and started to dig the hole, though it only took me 15 seconds the person who I can only assume it Brandon was approaching the hole and I had to quickly jump in without being able to fully cover up the hole.

"If you guys just come out of this fog we can talk about what's going on, and figure out a rational solution!" I heard Brandon call out from above me, as he steeped on the fake tile that I clumsily made in a rush to get out of the panic that was settling in.

"I mean if you want to discuss solutions I guess we can figure something out but first, Blake, Mario, are you guys okay with the secrets being revealed?"

"I don't really know, I can protect myself if worse comes to worse it's just I don't know about what Mario thinks because he could actually be in danger because his kind is so rare to find in this day and age."

"Well Mario what do you think? I mean Blake seems up for telling people and Blake's well Blake..."

"Hey! A lot has changed since when we were younger and I'm not the scary cat I was when I was younger!"

"Oh okay! That's nice to know, but still Mario, should we tell them."

If Ashlyn thinks that I'm going to be responding they have lost their mind because I'm definitely not ever going to at this point. I'm currently safe in the ground and if I talk it will give away my position and I don't want that to happen so I'm just going to stay under the stones listening to the conversation till something happens that gives me a chance to leave.

I quietly borrowed into the ground below the castle and went back to my house, I went up to the attic after coming out of the garden, and reached behind my stuffed squid Jeffery (this is actually canon if you didn't know, he has a small blue stuffed squid in his attic hidden in a corner) and got out a small book, if I just leave now Ashlyn and Blake will be left alone and I don't want my friends to be killed, yes killed. Even if I trusted divines Magia before they knew about my identity I don't have any proff that they wouldn't attack us so I got the book and started to mutter a small spell. I felt my magic enhance a little bit enough to be able to make some vines all the way the the guild hall and when I felt like I made it I sensed out Blake and Ashlyn's magic I pulled them into the earth and ended up nearly falling over but I pulled them both up out of the hole and ended up passing out due to using my magic so far from me and so that caused a unshift in my magic balance causing me to pass out.

5/27/22
Word count 1011