Chapter 2

It had been a week since the incident in combat class and some people weren't feeling too good. Most people were doing well, but for those that were feeling bad, they felt really bad.

Teams CFVY JNPR and RWBY were sitting together at the table in silence. After hearing about the attack Y/n received and finding out he was injured, they felt bad. Coco did intend to hurt him, but she didn't want to make him practically comatose.

Eventually, Ruby spoke up, breaking the silence. "Coco. Why did you always want Y/n to get beaten? What did he do?" She asked. She realized that she should have asked this much earlier.

"I was angry when I caught him bothering Velvet" she said, which made caught Velvet's attention.

"When? I don't remember that" she said concerned.

"You told me that someone that was pulling your ears and bothering you" Coco responded. "You didn't know his name but you basically described Y/n"

Velvet tried to get out a response. "Well, at the time I thought so, but I think I made a mistake" she said looking down.

Then Blake spoke up. "Actually, I have seen Y/n's team harassing a lot of people. Including Velvet, Maybe in a certain situation or based on the light or something, it's a mistake that could be made"

"It was Y/n's teammate?" Yang asked.

Ruby looked at Coco, annoyed. "Did you even actually ask Velvet?" she asked angrily.

"It wasn't just her. It was about faunus in general" Blake said. "I knew it was his team basically acting like Cardin. I just assumed he supported it" she continued, looking down.

"I was also just angry at him for leaving me as a kid" Coco spoke, looking sad.

"Well" Ruby spoke quietly. "Things will be different from now on" she said, trying to sound hopeful.

They nodded in agreement that they'd treat Y/n better.

----------------------

Once Y/n was released from the infirmary, he made it back to his own room. His tam wasn't here, thankfully. He really didn't want to deal with the rest of his team.

He limped over to the bed and sat down on it, thinking what had happened. What would he do? He wanted to leave Beacon. He wanted nothing to do with it, but he had no idea where else to go. He didn't have the choice to transfer to another academy and he had no future other than a huntsman.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of his window opening. A woman wearing black and red sat at the frame

"Who are you?" he asked.

"So. You're not having a good day, huh?" she asked as she entered his room.

"No one ever accepted you. I can help you. Train you. Leave Beacon and come with me" she said.

Y/n shook his head in refusal. "I can't. I'm sorry. I still belong here at Beacon, even if things aren't great."

The woman sighed and pulled out a folder. "That dedication is admirable. Unfortunately, Ozpin doesn't agree with you" she said as she gave him the folder.

As Y/n opened the folder, he got extremely angry. "What is this?" he asked angrily, seeing that it was an expulsion request.

"I was supposed to be expelled 5 days ago?" he asked

"Ozpin didn't edit the file since your injury. You were essentially going to wake up to an expulsion letter" she told him.

Y/n dropped the folder and sat down. There was no stopping the tears at that point.

"I'll come back tomorrow" she told him. "I won't force this decision. You should be aware of what's happening" she said as she turned and left out the window.

Y/n nodded as he watched her leave. He quickly lied down to sleep.

---------------------

In his sleep, Y/n heard a voice

"You have no idea what you've just turned down"

Before he could even react, he was back in his bed.

Before he could question it, he heard the window open. He saw the woman in red again.

"The choice is yours. You shouldn't feel obligated to join me. But I want to at least give you an option" she told him, extending her hand.

Y/n sighed and reached out to accept her offer.