༄ 51. The Last Banquet

Start from the beginning

"I will never understand boys,"

Upon opening the heavy wooden door, Aria's smiling face turned into one that was full of questions

Upon opening the heavy wooden door, Aria's smiling face turned into one that was full of questions. Her sight was met with Rin intensely staring at the former rat, while he and Haru were having a peaceful conversation. At least that was what she assumed.

"What's going on, here?" she decided to ask.

"Nothing?" Haru questionably answered. "I just confessed my love to Yuki,"

Aria could see the dark aura that emitted from the former horse expanding upon hearing those repeated words.

'Ah, I see,' The red head thought and approached the fuming black haired female who was currently sulking on the floor.

Aria began to hug the female, while Haru patted his girlfriend's head. These actions made Rin blush and cutely pout.

"Huh, Akito's not here yet?" Kyo walked in and decided to interrupt the little scene.

"Says the man who's late! Where have you been wandering, Kyonkichi?" Ayame dramatically asked the man.

"Well, I've hardly ever been inside the main estate, so..."

"Ah, I see! It's combined size and opulence must be too much for rides such as yourself, but I give you my blessing to wander these grounds without fear!"

Kyo looked fed up with the older Sohma, but decided to stay quiet and to listen to his rambles.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by one of Akito's assistants, who was trying to get everyone's attention.

"May I have everyone's attention? Akito-san is ready to see you,"

The group shifted their attention to the unlocked door. Their eyes widened due to shock upon seeing the shocking appearance of the Sohma head. Even Aria was astonished at the sight in front of her.

Sohma Akito wore a bright red colored traditional Japanese kimono which was embroidered with pink, white and purple lotuses. A large yellow colored cloth could be seen behind him — or rather her.

'What the actually fvck?!' they all thought.

"Hatori, where is Shigure?" the female head asked in which he replied that he didn't know about his whereabouts.

"A-Akito-san, have you adopted my cross-dressing habit?" the former monkey exclaimed with much shock printed on his face.

Akito only blandly responded with a straight "No" at his question. You could see that she actually found it a ridiculous question, but just decided to leave it be. She started to slowly bend down to sit on her cushion.

"Just as all of you have been able to return to who you are, I'll return to my true self," the head exclaimed.

"You're all free,"