༄ 48. Broken Bonds

Start from the beginning

After his tenth attempt of calling her with no movements or response, the man became worried and decided to approach the girl.

When the distance between them was about ten centimeters, Kita softly called her name again.

"Aristia, what's wrong?"

Then suddenly, tears began to stream on her precious fair porcelain face. Kita was shocked at the sudden sight and wanted to embrace her. He stretched out his arms, but only stopped when he remembered the Fox girl's words.

"The Zodiacs transform into their respective animals if they're hugged by a person of the opposite sex,"

'I can't...'

But then, the white haired man was suddenly pushed by a great force, making him stumble and eventually fall on his butt on the ground.

Kita quickly regained his senses and slowly opened his eyes. His blurry sight was met with white blur that was blocking his vision. Kita didn't had a clue what or rather who the white bulb was and touched it.

"This is hair..." the man thought out loud.

His thoughts were interrupted when the heavy force, what was still laying on him, began to shake.

"S-Shinsuke," a soft voice called between her cries.

"Shinsuke!" the voice repeated, but this time the volume had grown.

Kita slowly began to sit up, trying to adjust his body in a more comfortable position. Then, he could finally see clearly. His eyes widened upon the sight. He couldn't believe it.

Aria was the culprit. She was the one who tackled him. She was the one who was currently tightly hugging him. She was the one who had called him by his first name.

While she was the one who didn't transform into a red colored fox.

"I'm free..." the girl trailed off. "I'm free, Shinsuke!" Aria exclaimed with a big smile plastered on her face.

Something emotional snapped in Kita's mind. He didn't know what overcame him and tightly hugged the girl in his arms back. Wet fluids leaked from his eyes and silent muffled cries could be heard from her shoulder.

"Then... Can I finally be your boyfriend, Aria?"

The said girl slowly ceased the hug and looked at him with an expression that was full of love and warmth.

"I'm honored, Shinsuke!"

Aria's POV

I'm really considered lucky that someone like Kita fell in love with someone like me. We, the Zodiac members, can't take it for granted that someone will care about us enough to come looking. It's a blessing, almost a miracle.

I'm so happy that someone like him exists in the world.

Aria's thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she began to hear some whispering sounds as it frays. Little sounds of squeaking clenched into her ears.

"So you're the one," a mighty voice asked her from behind.

Aria turned around and was met with a man who had long white hair.

"Yes, it's you who I've been searching for," the man exclaimed.

"Who are you?" Aria suspiciously asked the man, in which he only smiled.

"You know who I am, my dear fox,"

A red-white colored little fox, who was running past the girl, could be seen approaching the long white haired man.

"Thank you for keeping your promise from so long ago," the man exclaimed.

"Thank you,"

"The original memory, forgotten by everyone,"

"The original promise,"

"Goodbye,"

1732 words
______________________________________________
AN: Hello my dear readers! I was suddenly in a good mood and decided to post a double update! Actually, I secretly wanted to finish this book asap, because it's about d@#n time. I really took more than a year to write this book and honestly, I'm actually so glad that it took me so long.

Maybe it's just me but I think that other writers also like to see the progress and the change in our writing style through the weeks.

Anyways, I hope you all liked this chapter(s)!

Please comment, vote and share!

Stay safe and healthy my dear readers~

Lots of love from your author-san <3