༄ 48. Broken Bonds

Start from the beginning

"Then did you came all the way here to Hyōgo to tell me this, Momiji?"

"No," the boy smiled. "I just wanted to say goodbye to you for the past me,"

A couple of months later

"Atsumu! You're hitting like a girl! Smash the ball as if it's someone who's flirting with your girlfriend!"

"Ginjima! Stop cracking those non funny jokes and concentrate on your training regime!"

"Suna! Put more energy in your blocks! I feel like your arms are gonna be ripped off!"

The white haired Demon Manager was currently busy giving the players advice to their play style. Well, some sounded more like insults rather than the so-called 'advices'.

While Aria was screaming her thoughts on the Inarizaki players, Ayaka was furiously scribbling their data in a notebook.

Due to the long absence of their Demon Manager, Ayaka had learned a lot of new things. The coaches taught her how she should take the players' data. Beside that, she eventually learned to come up with solutions to some problems regarding their tactics or individual lacking abilities.

Lucky accident, is what they could call it.

When Ayaka was finally done with her notes, she wanted her white haired friend's opinion and maybe some advice on it. Her golden eyes were scanning the area, searching for a certain white haired plum on the court.

"Where is Tia-chan?" she eventually decided to ask no one in particular.

"Oh, don't worry Ayaka-san," the coach replied. "She's currently buying some bread in the cafeteria with Kita-san for the players,"

In the cafeteria

Their walk was silent yet not awkward. It was actually pretty reassuring and pleasant to the two introverts. There were no forced auras presenting their bond which made it feel like home.

Yet, they were not home, but on their way to the cafeteria to buy some bread and healthy snacks. After some time, they arrived at the canteen and ordered a whole list with a diverse bunch of bread, snacks and rice balls.

"Can you take it all with you?" the cashier worriedly asked the two teenagers.

"Yes, we can! Thank you ma'am. Have a great day!"

".... I think we bought too much, Kita-san," the Fox girl exclaimed.

Kita was holding two bags while Aria only had one bag to carry.

"You think so?" the white haired man asked. "I think we bought too little,"

"Twenty two still growing young boys and 3 bags full with food.... Maybe you're right, but what's done is done,"

"What's your favorite kind of bread, Kita-san?" the girl decided to start a conversation.

"Hmm, I think I have a preference to Melon bread,"

"What about you, Aristia?" the man asked, but noticed that the said young woman wasn't walking beside him anymore.

When Kita turned around, he saw that the white haired girl was frozen standing at her place. Kita called her name a couple of times, but the said girl neither gave a response nor couldn't hear him.