𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

Začít od začátku

"I think I have to go to one of the Morris' parties," you say with a grimace. It's not that they are bad people. The Morris' just had a questionable reputation when it came to the company they kept.

"Care for some company?"

You can feel the smile lighting up your face. "I would love some."

~~~~~~~~~

"Are you okay? You don't seem to be enjoying yourself." Laurie murmurs to you, stepping closer towards you. It's true. You aren't.

It started out okay. There weren't a lot of people you knew, but you had Laurie so it didn't matter. Then he got called away by someone, and you were left standing alone by the window, a full glass in your hand. You're not sure how long you stand there.

"I'm fine," you reply with your favorite smile.

"Don't do that to me."

"Do what?"

"You can fool everyone else with that fake smile and say you're having a good time. It won't work on me. I know you. I don't think it's fair that you can put up your walls as easy as you can. Don't do that with me. You know I won't judge. I'll listen to whatever you have to say. Please." He says your name like a plead.

"Okay," you say simply. A deep breath in. "I don't want to be here. I stopped wanting to as soon as you went to see your friends. I know it's selfish, but I just.... I want you for myself right now."

"All you had to do was ask." He takes your hand and leads you through the party, nodding his goodbyes and speaking for the both of you.

He leads you down winding streets and cobblestone alleys until he gets to a bright yellow door. After unlocking the door he shoulders it open and motions for your to follow up the narrow staircase.

It's a mess. There are stacks of books and papers all over the place. In the corner, there's a desk covered with letters, opened and unopened.

"This is your apartment?"

"Yes."

"Of course you would choose the most poetic way to live."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Papers strewn on the floor. Books crowding the shelves. I assume you have a pile of candles somewhere?" He has the decency to look a little sheepish. "I thought so."

"I don't think you can judge. You live the same way I do."

"Laurie, you've never been to my apartment."

"I can assume."

"Right." He goes into the kitchen to make tea and you wander the apartment.

"Have you finally learned how to make tea, Teddy?"

"Have you finally learned how to pour it?"

"That was your fault. I stand by that."

"There's no reality where that was my fault. You spilled tea on me. Very hot tea, I may add."