Two Sides of the Same Coin

Start from the beginning

I turn around and I see mommy and daddy.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy!

I run to them, almost trembling, but mommy makes a wall around me.

Madelene: Mommy? Daddy? What are you doing?

Daddy: I'm sorry dear, but you are to stay here. The twins are already advancing in their magic but your attention is abysmal in many ways. Always fussing over Amity, neglecting your practice. And still, even if you are, the magic won't manifest in you.

Mommy: Imagine the scandal. A Blight child, unable to use magic.

Madelene: B- but I can! Momme, l-look!

I did a wobbly circle, but it breaks, making me sob as mommy huff in disappointment.

Mommy: Dear, stop embarrassing yourself. You have hindered Amity's growth already. You bring nothing but disappointment one after another. You are no longer to associate yourself with your sister, understood?

Madelene: What?

It hurts. Why is Mommy talking like that to me? What did I do wrong?

I don't understand what they're saying.

Mommy: You are to stay here. Forever. Goodbye, dear.

They started walking away. Leaving me behind, with that wall between us.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy! Wait! No! DON' GO! DON' LEAVE ME!

I bang on the wall desperate to break through.

Madelene: MOM! DAD! PLEASE! NO! DON'T GO! DON'T GO!

I keep banging on the wall but it wouldn't break, tears stream down my cheeks as I watch my parent's form disappear.

Madelene: Please... please don't leave me...

My head falls, I watch my tears splash onto the ground, I hugged the flower in my torso as I sobbed.

Madelene: No... No... I want to go home..... Amity... I want to go home....

LUZ POV

I stirred awake to the sounds of whimpering, pulling me out of sleep. Tired but concerned, I sit up and rub my eyes in confusion.

Luz: .... What's happening...

Madelene: no... no... don't go...

Luz: Maddy?

I turn to Maddy, curled into a fetal position as she whimpers and mumbles to herself.

Madelene: no... please... don't go... don't go...

I panicked as I saw her tears begin to flow. Nightmare? This is scaring me.

Luz:Maddy!

I rush to her side and begin nudging her, trying to wake her up.

Madelene: please... don't leave me...

Luz: Madelene? Madelene! Sis, wake up!

I stayed in place as I continued to cry, did my parents really... leave me?

Madelene: Why? Why did they abandon me?

???: -lene! -delene!

Why? What did I do wrong? Why are they so mean? I know I'm not good. I know I'm not as great as the twins. But I tried my best. I do. I really do!