Chapter Three; "You're the greenie?"

Start from the beginning

     "Fruity," You noted.

     He shot you a look, "Slim it."

     You held your hands up in surrender, "Just messing with you, I'm not one to talk."

     "Oi, Newt, Y/n, Ben's doin something strange!" Winston yelled.

     "If he's not murdering someone then let him be for christ sakes," You muttered but got up and trotted back over with Newt to the hogsmeade, climbing the stairs and seeing Alby already crouched over his bed. Both of you followed suit.

     "He's been muttering all sorts of nonsense," Alby explained.

     "That's not uncommon," You reminded him.

     "That's what I said too and then I heard what he was saying. Keep muttering it over and over again like a buggin 'chant," Alby says, "Listen."

     Everyone goes quiet until Ben's drowsy voice comes again, muttering in a tone just barely audible, "Wicked, Thomas, time bomb, girl."

     "Not creepy at all," Newt said.

     "Wicked, that's what's written on the back of the beetle blades, we know this. Time bomb, well that sounds just lovley doesn't it. Girl, no clue. And I've never heard of  Thomas in my life so-"

     "It's the greenies name," Newt interrupted, "Thomas."

     "Guess that's something you two should check out then."

     You stood back up straight and rolled your shoulders out, glancing at the door and seeing a brown haired face peering through the crack in the door. You hadn't seen that face before, hadn't ever seen those wide eyes peering around the glade. They were staring right at Ben, unconscious and looking like death reincarnated. Then they looked up to you and they swelled with more fear than they had looking at Ben.

     "You keep a watch and make sure he doesn't say any more weird klunk, I'm going to make sure no one's down in the med hut while it's empty," You said with a heavy sigh.

     They didn't reply, listening closely to Ben so you opened the door and shut it firmly behind you, watching the boy stumble back and open his mouth to say something.

     You clamped your hand over his mouth and made a shushing gesture, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him down the stairs, muttering a quiet, "You owe me,", under your breath.

     You reached the bottom and let him go, letting him walk out on his own past Gally and his group of nuisances. They smirked at him but didn't say anything, letting you walk with him out in silence.

     "Wild guess," You began right when you were out of earshot of them, still making him walk with you, "You're the greenie."

     He didn't reply, looking shook up in the head.

     "Course you are, you look like a newbie," You answered yourself, "You thought you would just see what the screaming boy was about or what?"

     He spoke now, "N- no, well, I saw Newt go up there and I- I just thought. That guy Gally said something about a changing, then Chuck left somewhere- how much trouble am I in exactly?"

     "I won't tell Alby but I'll tell Newt so he knows that's why you're messed up," You said, releasing him outside your workshop, "Have you eaten dinner?"

     He shook his head, "I don't know if I can eat right now."

     You looked him up and down, "You're fine."

     "Y/n! Y/n you found the greenie!" Chuck exclaimed, running on his short legs to you and panting heavily, two brown bags of food in his hand, "I left to get lunch and I came back and Gally said you dragged him out by his ear!"