THE ECLIPSE AFFECT

"Master a letter was sent from the Princess!" Mirajane called.

"The Princess? Read it out loud please." Master said from his spot drinking beer. Mirajane did as she was told:

Dear Mirajane,

I am truly sorry for the eclipse gate project. It affected the celestial mages and Dragon Slayers. I'm truly sorry and will pay for any damage they cause through the effects of the eclipse. It would help if you lock them up for a week or two. Please know I'm sorry for what's about to happen.

-Princess Hisui e. Fiore

"Why did she apologize for something that's not her fault?" Lisanna asked.

"She's a lot like Lucy and Aries that way." Mira said thinking of their beloved Celestial Mage and her spirit.

"She says it's best to lock them up. Erza!" Makarov called the armor mage.

"Yes Master?" She asked coming over and eating her cake.

"The dragon slayers need to be locked up for a bit because they will be facing the effects of the eclipse. We'll be using the guild's basement. Freed will set up runes to lock them up. You will be in charged of getting them there."

"Yes Master Makarov. I'll have to wait for Gajeel to return from his mission before I can lock him up. But otherwise no problem at all." Erza said leaving the room to get Natsu, Laxus, and Wendy.

"What do you think the affect is?" Mirajane asked.

"Who knows. I just hope no one gets hurt."

"I don't see why we have to be locked up!" Natsu whined.

"Because the Princess or this!"

"But why?"

"Because of the eclipse."

"But why?"

Laxus slapped his head. "Shut up. Your annoying."

"Fight me Laxus!"

"Ugh. This is going to take too long." Wendy sat in the corner.

"Will everyone be alright?" She asked. Sweet Wendy. Erza thought.

"Yeah. Let's hope so. Maybe this is why your locked up. We just wait for Freed. He'll set up runes with Levy to keep you in here."

Natsu mumbled something. "Gr..."

"What was that Natsu?" Erza asked.

"Gra..."

"What the hell is saying?" She asked Laxus.

Then Natsu spoke fully. "Why didn't I realize this before? I should have realized he was my mate sooner..."

Wait mate? Is that a dragon thing? Maybe. Mate means like soulmate. Wait he? Nice to know he's gay. Not that I care. I have Jellal. Well I will when he finally allows himself to feel happiness. Erza thought in her own train of thoughts.

"Can you bring him here? You know what nevermind. I'll go find him." Natsu said with a dreamy look.

"No. Your not allowed to leave. None of you are!"

"Then bring him here!"

"Bring who here?"

"My own and only mate. My precious Gray!"

"Sorry no one else allowed down here expect Freed and Levy when they make the runes and Gajeel when he returns." Erza said. No way Gray? That doesn't make any sense. This is probably because of the eclipse gate. I should report this to Master.

Freed walked in. Laxus practically tried to leap over and grab him when Erza punched him in the stomach. "Hurry! I think the effects are already taking place!" Erza backed up with a sword in hand.

"Right." Freed was quick to do his work. Levy helped out only slightly. All she did was enhance it. "Let's get out of here." Freed said about to faint from the seductive look Laxus was giving him.

"Master the effect is already taking place." Erza reported. The whole guild was watching. Except for Lucy. Lucy seemed to be missing...

"What happened?" Makarov asked gravely concerned.

"Well Natsu was going on about something with Mates. I think it's a dragon slayer thing."

"Really? Did he say who his mate was? Did he say it was Lucy?" Mirajane asked stars shining in her eyes thinking about NaLu.

"He did say who his mate was. But it wasn't Lucy." Erza said still trying to figure out the whole Gray-is-my-mate-thing out.

"Who was it?" Makarov asked now curious.

"You won't believe this."

"I already find Flame brain having a mate hard to believe." Gray said. "Try me."

"He said his mate was Gray." Everyone was confused, weirded out, thinking they've gone crazy, or thought it was cute. And then the doors slammed open to find Gajeel searching like a maniac.