💜 budgey x reader ✔️

"I didn't mean to offend you, matey,"

.....

Ever since you lived in Lucella City, you were a happy and outgoing individual. You are known for your positivity, and you are just a simple ball of sunshine.

But alas, the stupid infection has started, and you still managed to keep the smile up your face whatever happens, even through the darkest of times.

Currently, you and your friends are searching for the cure, since your former enemy, under the name Willow, has promised you all to save your important friend, which is Zizzy, by finding the cure.

You are currently at the port.

You have no problem being chased by a dugong around, as you are using your energy for all the work. All the things you know ever since you started as a detective: keys, hammers, cards, batteries, and safes.

You feel suddenly lazy, re-encountering the same items again and again. You started to not understand why you are doing all the work. You just wanted to sit back and relax for a while.

After hours and hours of doing those boring stuff, a ship finally came into view, entitled 'The Medora,.

You sighed, making your friends climb up the ship first. The kids came in first. The adults next. You came last.

"Hello?" you meekly called, once your feet landed on the ship itself. "Is anyone there?"

Ghostly silence came, making the kids recoil, cuddling each other.

"Who goes there?!" a female voice with a strong Pirate accent came.

There came a budgerigar with a mane of green hair, going Tarzan on the rope as she swung towards your direction.

"Avast ye filthy landlubbers!" she said, brandishing out her sword towards the lot of you.

The tip of the sword made in contact with the tip of your chin, making you look up at her yellow orbs.

She withdrew her sword away from you. "My name is Captain Budgey, captain of the Medora," she introduced. "Are you the ones who lit up the lighthouse?"

"Yes, Captain," Pony said politely. "And we might need your help,"

Budgey looked offended at the thing he had just said. "Blimey!" she barked. "You board my ship and ask me for help? This isn't charity!"

Willow huffed. "We don't have enough time," she grumbled. "We need to get to the North Sea, and fast,"

"Sink me?!" Budgey roared, causing you and your fellow allies to jump. "Across the sea?! On the Medora?! We ain't going anywhere! I used what fuel's left to dock here,"

The way how she shouts, it brings you back bad memories you had once when you are a kid that you immediately sprouted into tears.

Pony looked at the bird in horror. "Look what you've done!" he hissed, hugging you comfortably and patting your back.

You reminded me of my bully I had on 2nd grade, you thought miserably.

"I-I wasted half of my time f-finding those batteries to l-light up that lighthouse to get help! And this is what I get!" You cried.

Budgey only looked at you bewilderingly. It looks like you're a bit overdramatic.

"B-But if you won't l-let us, I'll find my own way t-to get across t-the sea!" you shrieked.

You ended up jumping from the ship back into the unloading deck. That stupid choice made you bruise your innocent knees, making you run away.

...

You just stood behind the broken bricks, sobbing. You just acted like a baby in front of her, yet you can't just tolerate people who are yelling like lions at the moment.

You are full of tears that you didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching you, or that the Medora hasn't pulled away from its spot yet.

And then, a growl came from behind you, making you gasp as you turned around. There, the infected dugong came from the blue building, making you fall on the ground, crawling away under the bricks.

The dugong just smashed the bricks, before swinging its anchor, ready to hit you.

Like an idiot, you started screaming. It's part of your traits, when you are feeling down, you'll lose all of your action skills.

And you let yourself get cornered inside the lighthouse.

"Please..." you squeaked, making your back stick onto a wall under the stairs.

You felt so weak inside that you didn't move. You are weak from exhaustion.

Where has your positivity gone? Maybe it disappeared during the little event back on the Medora. You just can't believe that someone sucked out the positivity out of you.

Then a familiar voice with a strong Pirate accent came. "Watch out, landlubber!"

Your eyes widened in shock as a sword plowed through the dugong's stomach, and retracted as the dugong fell, with a pool of black blood around him.

There, a green budgerigar was seen, wiping the blood stained on her sword before slipping it back on her belt.

You opened your mouth, only for a faint gurgle instead of words.

"I guess it's all my fault why you ran away like that," Budgey mumbled. "I-I'm sorry-"

You only hugged her, pinning her arms to her sides causing the pirate to stiffen up a little. Then a soft sigh came, as she hugged you back, being careful to not let the hook scratch your back.

"'S okay Captain," you breathed, pulling away from her. "I just got a little bit panicked when you shouted. I don't know where I am getting those words from,"

Using her free hand, Budgey scratched her nape. "Its just... my old friend that made me into a raging lunatic," she said. "She got infected and died a hero. And I saw her, as a ghost,"

A tear trickled down her cheek as she said that. "I should apologize for yelling at you and your friends like that-"

"Lets just go back to the boat before he stands, eh?" You asked with a sheepish grin on your face as you pointed to the dugong, who has seemed to regain his senses.

Budgey's beak formed into a smile. "Great idea, matey,"

After that, you two decided to head back to the ship itself, with you clinging to Budgey like a tarsier.

"You two are friends now?" Pony asked in bewilderment, a brow raised.

You only giggled. Sometimes if you argued with someone you don't know for a while, there are rare times that person will be your friend.

Draft started: 05-27-22
Draft ended: 06-18-22
Story published: 06-18-22
Word count: 1069