20: Deprivation tank.

Start from the beginning

Dustin ran over to the phone.

He picked it up and dialled a number.

"Hi, Mr. Clarke. I have a science question." Dustin said into the phone.

"What do you know about sensory deprivation tanks, specifically how to build one?" Dustin asked quickly.

Mr. Clarke must have asked why because Dustin replied with, ".....fun."

Wow. Nice save, Dustin.

Mr. Clarke said something but Dustin stopped him.

"You always say that we should never stop being curious, to open any curiosity door we find. Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?!?" Dustin said loudly.

Mr. Clarke must have gave in, because Dustin motioned for me to get a pen and paper.

I ran back with the pen and paper for Dustin, and he immediately started writing.

Dustin was on the phone for about ten minutes, us only hearing a few "uh huh"'s and "okay"'s occasionally from him.

"Uh huh, okay. Yeah, we'll be careful. Okay thanks, you too." Dustin said, hanging up the phone.

He turned back to everyone.

"Do you still have that kiddie pool we bobbed for apples in?" He asked Joyce.

"Uh, yeah. I think so." Joyce replied.

"Great. Now we just need salt. Lots of salt." Dustin said.

"How much is lots?" Hopper asked.

I looked at Dustin's notes.

"1,500 pounds." I breathed out, looking at everyone who stared back at me in shock.

"Where are we going to get that much salt?" Nancy asked, making us all shrug.

Hopper looked out the window, then called for everyone to get in the car.

A series of "why"'s and "where are we going"'s were asked, but he didn't respond.

We arrived at our school.

Oh.

I sure hope it doesn't snow next week.

Lucas and Dustin and I slid the kiddie pool out of the trunk of Joyce's car.

We were super awkwardly struggling to lift it, and once we finally got it into the gymnasium, we dropped it down on the floor.

Then we tried to put it together.

"No it's backwards." I said.

"How does this even work?" Dustin asked.

"Try that side." I suggested.

"Son of a bitch." Lucas complained.

"I think it's upside down." I said.