Chapter 1: Prologue

Start from the beginning

"Oh you poor thing. I am sorry that I didn't come to you."

The demon woman was growling as she was laying against the root of the tree as she was bleeding out. She grabbed the knife and yanked it out. The infant sensed something or someone was here. She tries to control her breathing as she watches the infant and fire spirit fly off. She tried to pull the infant out as she was looking down at the infant who was sound asleep.

"I am glad those mean people didn't get to you."

She was tearing up as she was losing more and more blood. She held the infant close to her chest and heard her heart as it was slowly beating. The man who was standing on a tree jumped down. He was slowly walking up to the creature.

"What do you want, human?"

"I did not come here for a fight. Let me help you."

"You can help by leaving us be."

"If I don't help you, you'll surely die."

The creature was coughing up blood as she held the infant closed. The man was looking down at the infant in her arms. He kneels in front of her as he gives her a sad as he notices that weapon that was filled with deadly poison.

"This is not good. That weapon was filled with different kinds of deadly poison. You'll have an hour or so left to say your goodbyes."

"That won't do... because he'll die with me. "

"I can't let you do that to your own child. Please allow me and my family to take your child and raise like he's our own."

"Why...?"

The masked man was looking at the wounded woman.

"Hmm?"

"Why...are you helping us...?"

"It's what my family stands for. We help those who can't help themselves. I want to help your child."

"Who are you?"

The man removed his mask to reveal his face to the woman as she was looking at him because she could sense sadness in his eyes.

"My name is Mikihisa Asakura." Mikihisa said.

The woman was looking down at her child as he let out a cute yawn as Mikihisa was looking at him and had a small smile. The woman had a tear in her eyes as it dropped to the ground. The ground started to glow around her as the tree started to move on its own. The roots started to absorb her body slowly. She nodded her head as she slowly handed her child over to Mikihisa. She looked at the tree branch as she knew that she had enough strength left to cut the branch down.

It landed in front of her as she chopped it in half. She placed both of her hands on the broken branches. She coughed up blood as she was pouring every ounce of power that she had left. Both branches were surrounded by a bright glow, one of light and one of shadow. Then two masks appeared from her hands. Mikihisa was looking at the two masks that give a strong magical power.