Black Nail Polish

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Okay then! I have a proposal, if you take me to a Hot Topic store or even SPENCERS, I'll prove to you that I can rock those fishnets!"

Peter: "I like those odds, I know the perfect place where we can shop clothes."

Y/N: "Of course that won't be saying I won't be paying for 50 dollars worth of clothing, but if it costs too much I'll split with you."

Peter: "So like, a date?"

You choke on your soda. You were caught by his response. A DATE??? With HIM?? No, it's just a little friendly outing that's all. You can have a friend date with a guy friend right? Shopping doesn't count..

Y/N: "I mean, we are just shopping for clothes right?"

Peter: "I'm sure what you described to me was a date, darling."

At this point you are blushing, furiously, and no it's not because you basically described a whole ass date, but it was the name he gave you.

"Darling."

Its such a cheesy petname to give, but to you it's actually kinda cute, considering its coming from a whole grown black marker (aka emo Peter).
You can't help but giggle inside.

Y/N: "Then it's settled, we're going on a date!"

You pulled that shit out of your ass, of course Peter wouldn't actually want to go on a date with you, you're probably super out of his league anyway..

Peter: "Woah wait really? I was just joking Y/N, we don't have to if you don't wanna. I'm just glad I'll be hanging out with you after school.."

Y/N: "It's totally fine! I don't mind anyway, I'm free this afternoon at 5, will that be enough time?"

Peter: "Pssh yeah of course! Uh, where should I pick you up?"

Y/N:
"Good question.."

You think to yourself, where exactly would Peter pick you up? Obviously not at your house, your parents would definitely suspect something of Peter and they'll definitely ask questions.

At school? Nah, too many people would think you too are dating, however... that might not actually be that bad.. augh, no! Get a grip! Just a friendly FRIENDLY outing. Yeah.

And then you thought of the perfect place.

Y/N: "The park! I'll wait for you at the Avenue Park! Y'know where that is right?"

Peter's face lights up, oh he obviously knows where that is. And now that you've told him where you usually are, he'll probably be able to meet you outside of school more often.

Peter: "Oh definitely, I've been there a couple of times, it has a jogging trail right?"

Y/N: "Yeah! I usually sit at the benches, the place is basically charging port for relaxing."

Peter:
"Sounds like a deal."

You chuckle just slightly, you can't believe you have actual plans to go out with a friend, at a Hot Topic no less! Now that's something you don't do everyday.

You both continue with eating your lunch, Peter is obviously unappetized by the cafeteria food, even the beans he ate looked slightly moldy. You offer him a little piece of your packed lunch. Peter turns away as to discourage eating it, however you do a little silly stunt and pull the "here comes the airplane" bit.
Peter flicks your hand away in embarrassment.

In the time you've grown to know Peter, you realize you don't actually know much about him. His home life or what his favorite color even was. Only small bits from other people. You certainly don't want to pry on your new friend, but yk it's kinda hard not to wonder.

As time went on, it's finally the end of lunch. The hallways once empty and quiet with only a few students here and there, now jam packed with teens. You both said your goodbyes and continue walking to the next class.

——————————————————————

TK: "Y/N!"

TK shouts at the top of their lungs, classes over and they have been meaning to hang out with you after school. TK has been planning to invite you for a movie, the one you said you've wanted to see with them. Finally they got the tickets for today.

Y/N: "oh TK! Hi! What's up?"

TK: "I was just wondering, are you doing anything later this afternoon?"

TK fiddled with their fingers, nervous to finally take the chance to ask you out. TK's had a huge crush on you for a very long time. Longer than Peter's probably. No wonder why they both felt a sense of rivalry.

Y/N: "Oh uh, actually I'm hanging out with Peter this afternoon! Is there anything wrong?"

TK: "Oh."

TK stops fidgeting, they're too nervous to even speak.  Peter? Why him? Y/N is always inviting him to everything they do. Not once did TK and you have a one on one moment after Peter showed up. Staring though the glass TK could see how much fun you were having with Peter.

TK: "Ah well, not a problem! You two hang out. It's not my business anywho."

Y/N: "Are you sure? I mean your always invited if you want to co—"

TK: "Y/N, it's fine. Go hang out with Peter, don't worry about me."

Y/N: "if you say so. But hey, I'll call you when I'm finished k? See ya later!"

TK: "Adios amigo!"

TK gives you a thumbs up as you scurry off. Their face falters as your figure soon disappears into the crowds. It's a sort of empty feeling. Not betrayal; no, they're not mad at you. They could never be mad at something you didn't do. But maybe. It might just be

"Jealousy"

Green always did compliment that emotion.
——————————————————————

Ohhhh Kay uhh gonna end the chapter here lol but NEXT chapter will be the hot topic scene. Thought I'd give a little background lol

Y/N doodles as a treat 🥰