[ 49 ] Eyes never lie

Comincia dall'inizio

Jeongguk chuckled at this. He sprang up from the couch and dragged his feet to the closest chair, which so-happened to be the one right across from Taehyung's, and sat down. He stared at the bottle of milk for a few seconds, smirk widening, but he didn't get the time to comment because Taehyung tutted.

"If you make a sexual innuendo about milk I'm throwing you out."

The blond's bottom lip jutted upwards in a pout, but he didn't retaliate. The two began eating and though it was silent at first, it was never an awkward silence and soon they were talking about the most random things, jumping from topic to topic while they emptied their bowls and glasses, never once making each other uncomfortable. Jeongguk really liked that there was no tension between them — except maybe the blatant sexual tension that always lingered in the air, but that he didn't mind — ; he could just tell him anything and he would never feel stupid or weird for speaking about whatever he wanted.

Taehyung did have some kind of innocence that made him say stupid things sometimes, but it was never intentional and, most of the times, he was an awesome listener. So awesome that Jeongguk felt bad about dumping all his mess on him; he knew very well that Taehyung was an anxious person and had this irrepressible urge to save everyone around him.

It was adorable in a way, how he believed that everybody deserved good things and how he was so convinced that the world was such a happy place, filled with wonderful surprises and nice people. It was quite the opposite of what Jeongguk thought. Not that he thought everything sucked, but he was more realistic; he was aware of the bad things just as much as the good things. He didn't think everything was solvable if you just 'put your heart into it'.

Still, he liked how optimistic and hopeful Taehyung was. Positive people was what his life lacked and having someone be nice and genuine to him was refreshing.

Once they were done eating, Jeongguk helped Taehyung clear the table. They carried their empty bowls to the sink and Jeongguk insisted that they wash them now instead of procrastinating and waiting until the sink was full of dirty dishes to do it.

"What do you want to do today?" Taehyung inquired after a minute of aggressively scrubbing his spoon with the soapy sponge.

"I was thinking we could get our piercings done today? You said you'd get a lip piercing and I'm getting kinda eager to see you with one." Right. Taehyung did tell Jeongguk he'd get a lip piercing if the younger got his nipple pierced again. After their week as Las Vegas and all the drama that came after that, he had kind of forgot about that deal, but he wasn't about to change his mind.

Up until now, he never had the guts to get anything done on himself; piercings seemed too painful, tattoos seemed too scary, and dying his hair seemed too difficult. And it didn't help that his parents weren't exactly cool with the whole 'changing the way your body was made' thing. Not that they were conservative or anything, just worried that Taehyung getting a tattoo or piercings would give him a bad reputation.

But a tiny piercing on his lip couldn't hurt, right? Plus it wasn't like it was that big of a commitment. He could just take it off if he didn't like it, and pretend like he never got it in the first place. Though, he had a strong feeling that this was not going to happen.

Once he was done washing his half of the dishes he put them next to the sink and stretched out his arms, feeling a bit sore after the anxious night he got yesterday.

"You didn't forget about your part of the deal, did you doll?" He wanted to make sure Jeongguk was going to fulfill his part of the deal, as getting scammed wasn't in his plans for today — or any day, really.

Jeongguk spun on his feet to face Taehyung, arching his eyebrows. "Of course I didn't forget, Kim. I'm not that old, you know? My brain is working just fine and so is my memory." He grumbled, stomping away from the older male who just stared at him with an amused expression.