begining to a werid love story

Start from the beginning

"mhm. sure he did."

Kate quickly changed the topic to what she really wanted to talk about right now. "soooo. what are you wearing later?" She asked y/n as she walked over and joined yelena to sit on y/ns bed.

She shrugged. "i don't know. probably just this?" She said, looking down at her outfit.

kate made a disgusted face as she also looked down at what y/n was wearing.

"really?"

The girls head snapped back up to look back at Kate. "why? what's wrong with this?" y/n asked confused.

Kate tried to change her tone. "nothing it's just.... maybe something a little... nicer? first impressions matter." kate explained to her friend.

That what the thing

Y/N didnt exactly care what people thought about her or her appearance.

Until this very moment.

"like what?" She asked them.

"ooooo can we dress her up." yelena questioned as she looked up at kate.

"i'm not a barbie doll." y/n told them.

"you are now. come on." kate said, then her and yelena dragged their friend into her walk in closet.

••••

Y/N was sitting anxiously in her, room waiting for her father or jarvis to call her down to meet the new recruit.

Until finally it was time.

"miss stark your father is requesting you in the main lobby." jarvis informed the girl.

She felt like her heart was gonna beat out of her chest.

"thanks jarvis."

She got up, looking at herself in the mirror.

Kate picked out a nice green dress and little tie up cardigan— something she knew she friend has never worn— which Y/N honestly didn't totally hate.

Yelena curled her hair all nice, and they each finished off with some light make up, a dainty silver necklace, and a bracelet on each arm.

She felt weird dressing up for someone, especially someone she had never met.

But like Kate said— first impressions matter.

She tugged her dress down a little bit, centred her necklace, and then was on her way out of her room.

She walked down the hall, able to hear voices that were coming from the kitchen.

All conversations stopped as the girl walked into the room. "someone looks nice." nat said in an almost shocked tone.

Clint stood there leaning against the kitchen island, a bag of mini carrots. "yeah..... why?" He questioned her in between chews, confusion written on his face.

"i'm gonna go meet the new recruit!" She answered with a smile.

"Ahhhh. That explains it." Sam smirked as he nodded his head.

Nat and Clint both exchanged a look.

"that's today?" Nat asked, looking back over at the girl.