Chapter 3: Going Offensive

Start from the beginning

"Garuda team, you are clear for takeoff." The control tower said. I first flew off to the sky, followed by Marcus then we form with the other pilots towards Sipli Field. Time to take over the Island.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•

27 November, 2015 0600hrs
Sipli Field, Khesed Island, Emmeria

Once we reach the AO, three tank battalions are already in their positions. Flying over the field that is almost covered in snow, I realized that we're not able to celebrate with our families because of this damn war.

Ugh... Why does it have to end like this?!

"Attention all forces." Announced Ghost Eye, "We're about to engage enemy units on the other side of the river from multiple angles."

I look down below as I watch our allied tanks rolling towards the enemy base over the snowy hills. The ground forces divide into three tank battalions.

"This is Warlock Battalion of the central attack group. Our goal is to pierce the enemy's center. We're moving along smoothly through the snow, make sure you boys don't hit us!"

"Quox Battalion here. We're set up to hit the enemy from the east flank. Give us cover and we'll make sure our end of the deal is accomplished."

"Steel Gunners here. We've got the west side covered. Glad to be working with you flyboys up there!"

"They've got way more guys than us. great confidence booster, huh?"

"You telling me, Marcus." I chuckled. "Alright, we help our people at the west, Avalance squad will take the east, Windhover squad at the central. The faster we finish the mission, the faster we get back to base."

"Roger, Talisman."

I hit the thrusters and flew fast over Steel Gunners to help penetrate through the enemy's defense. "Steel Gunners here. Moving to engage the enemy across the river."

"This is Garuda 1, air support is on your way," I said. I checked my HUD to see several tanks, launchers, and even annoying AA guns and SAMs. I switched to my special missiles. "Garuda 1, fox 3!"

Four missiles launched from my plane and skyrocketed to four targets. Confirmed kills from two tanks, an AA gun, and a launcher.

"Garuda 2, four ground hostiles down!" Shamrock reported.

"Good job, Shamrock," I said. "Destroy all ground targets as fast as possible. Takedown all planes that come near our tanks!"

"Copy that, Talisman."

"Did you know that 90% of our operational forces are out on the battlefield?" said Avalanche out of the blue. "Everybody's out here, believe it or not."

"Really?" Talisman asked. "Now that's what I call raising the stakes."

"I love it. It's the bet of a lifetime." added on Windhover. "It means we can go all out!"

Oh, this will be fun.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•

27th November, 2010 0637hrs
Gracemeria, Emmeria

- Arthur/Cipher's p.o.v. -

I slowly woke up from my sleep and look around my surroundings. I slept with my wife inside the slightly ruined hotel. We are currently still in hiding from Estovakians and we can't leave the city without getting spotted as they secured the border, that's what Orby told me. Orby just came out of nowhere a few months ago to protect us under my daughter's orders. I was worried if something happens to Gab, but knowing her well, I believe she can handle it without Orby's guidance.