"That's rough kid" Oliver said in concern, though he had an undertone of lightheartedness that Ashley appreciated. 

"This is why you're my favorite Uncle" Ashley smiled and shook her head. 

"Don't let Clark hear that" Oliver smirked. "He'll beat us both up."

"I beat him once, how hard can it be to do it again?" Ashley laughed. 

"You're a little shit" Oliver laughed, ruffling her hair as he sat down next to her and watched the ocean peacefully. "What's going to happen after you clean up this last mess?" Oliver asked her. 

"I don't know" Ashley sighed. "Maybe I'll move here, maybe I'll stay in the Bay, maybe I'll go back to Gotham and do what I'm supposed to do, maybe I'll move to Smallville and become a hermit" Ashley snorted at the last suggestion. "God, the media would have a field day with that."

"Let 'em" Oliver shrugged. "It's your life, not theirs. You don't owe anybody anything after all that you've done" He shrugged. 

"Maybe that's why you and Dinah aren't ashamed I exist" Ashley laughed. 

"We're proud of you because you accomplish everything you set out to do to the best of your ability" Oliver said seriously. "You see a challenge, you tackle it. You help whoever you can help because you are a good person. You care more than anyone I have ever met, Ashley. You are a strong-willed, stubborn-ass Lance who doesn't put up with jack shit, and you want nothing more than to have a family who would give you the same love and understanding you give them. Don't let the outside world take the best things in your life away from you." 

"You know, you're gonna be a good father one of these days" Ashley admitted to him. 

"And here I thought I already was" Oliver laughed. 

"Yeah, you've been pretty great" Ashley said, genuinely smiling for the first time in months. 

"Now, I think I deserve a recap" Oliver said, smirking at her. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ashley laughed. 

"Well, for one I'm learning about things that no one bothered to tell me about" Oliver raised an eyebrow. "But Roy did mention Deathstroke a few weeks ago" Oliver mentioned. 

"I guess I'll start from the top" Ashley smiled. 

♠♠♠

"Ashley, Oliver" Dinah said, poking her head outside several hours later. "J'onn is here."

"Great" Ashley said, taking in a deep breath. "Dad doesn't know?" Ashley asked. 

"I didn't tell him a single thing" Dinah promised. 

"Great, let's get this done before I throw up" Ashley grumbled, standing up with Oliver rising behind her as he gazed down at her with concern before shifting his gaze to Dinah. "I'm not pregnant, don't give her that look" Ashley grumbled, stepping inside as Dinah laughed. Ashley followed Dinah through the house and into the formal sitting room and took in a deep breath and sat across from J'onn. 

"Are you sure about this, young Wayne?" The Martian asked her. 

"I can't remember anything J'onn. Of course I'm sure" Ashley assured. 

"You never did like not knowing" He agreed. Ashley felt the awkwardly invasive feeling of J'onn entering her mind and beginning to probe around to find the root of her problem. Ashley felt an uncomfortable nudge and J'onn let out a hum of confusion and pressed the area in the back of her mind. Ashley let out a nervous, uncomfortable cough and took in a deep breath as her own screams filled her mind. Ashley put her hands together and squeezed them together in pain as J'onn continued to probe around her mind.