Chapter 1- Please... don't go...

Marinette pov

I silently stood on the top of the plane stairs, warily eyeing the large crowd at the bottom through my silver reflective sunglasses.

My best friends, Chloe Bourgeois, Nino Lahiffe, Alix Kubdel, and Kim Le Chien, all stood around me like wolves protecting their pups. Sure, I was the youngest of our friend group, but still. I did appreciate it though.

Oh! My name is Marinette Larae Dupain-Cheng, and I am 16 years old. I have raven blue hair, electric blue eyes, and pale skin that was covered in scars of all kinds, all of them hidden by the outfit I was wearing except for the few on my hands and scar on my jawline.

My outfit:

My  hair: (imagine this with her original hair color)

My mother's name was Sabine Cheng, and she was the best mother in the entire world

My mother's name was Sabine Cheng, and she was the best mother in the entire world. Tom Dupain, my father, had murdered her when I was 6, here in Gotham City, where I was born. Tom is extremely abusive, physically, mentally, verbally, and emotionally. He killed Mom because he found out that I was not his biological child, but the blood daughter of billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, Prince of Gotham.

I had one friend in Gotham, Jason Todd. He was 3 years older than me, and is my honorary brother and best friend of all time. Tom hated him, and Jason hated Tom. Sabine loved Jay as if she was her own, and he loved her back because of that and called her mom after his biological father, Willis Todd, forced his mom, Catherine Todd, to overdose and commit suicide when he was 7.  Jason adored my mom and I and we adored him back. I'd been ecstatic when after a week straight I had finally convinced her to adopt him, making him my actual big brother, much to both of our excitement and joy.

But that joy ended when Tom had killed both Maman and JayJay in front of me when I was 6, almost 7, and he had taken me to Paris, France. Their deaths were 5 months apart, Maman first and Jaybird second, and both of them died in my arms. I was ripped away from Jason before I got to say goodbye, and Tom just left him in an alley to die, no matter how hard I fought, screamed, and cried to get back to my beloved brother.

Both of those days had been the darkest days of my life, and they had broken me to a point that everything in me changed.

10 long, painful, traumatizing, and dark years later, I am my class president by force, the teachers assistant, the most hated in my class (minus my friends, older cousin Luka Stone, son of rich and famous rock and roll musician Jagged Stone, who is my honorary uncle, and Luka's girlfriend and my other friend Kagami Tsurgi, and the victim to Lila and her lies. I am Ladybug, defeater of Shadowmoth, Mayura, Cat Blanc and Cat Noir, MDC the famous fashion designer, and Larae, the famous singer/songwriter and musician, and I am a multitrillionare from those two careers. I also have a genius IQ so high it makes Tony Stark look like a smart 8th grader.

Chloe snapped me out of my thoughts. "So, Maribug, how are you going to tell Bruce you're his daughter?" She asked as we came down the stairs. I sighed. "I'm not going to tell him, Queen." I quietly said, weaving through the crowd and going to baggage claim.

Nino stopped me. "Dudette, you have to tell him. I'd want to know if I had a kid I didn't know about if I was him." He said. Alix nodded. "Yeah, LB, think about it: if you tell the dude you're his kid, then you would be able to get away from Tom. Bruce could help you get justice for your mom and brother, and more importantly you. Dupain would be in prison for the rest of his life. You gotta tell him!" She insisted.

"Tom would still find a way to get to me. It doesn't matter. And I'm not going to tell Monsieur Wayne that he's my biological father because he already has 5 sons and 3 daughters. He has 8 kids already, and I don't want to just drop on him out of the blue, after 16 years. That would be rude of me to do, not to mention the position that not only would I be putting his kids in, even though his son Jason Todd is already my big brother, but you have to think about it from Bruce's point of view, guys. Not everything goes the way you expect, or want it to." I said in my long trained quiet voice, grabbing my suitcase, duffel bag (athletics bag) and my 4 holder guitar case that held 3 guitars and all my music spirals, Larae stuff, and a picture of Jason, Maman, and I.

My friends grabbed their stuff, just as we heard Alyas enraged scream.

"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG!!" The tabloid screamed. I paled and flinched, dropping my guitar case, which made me jump a foot in the air with a startled yelp at the sound. Chloe pulled me into a protective hug as my friends stood around us, tense and ready for a fight. Nino and Alix had one hand on the guns they had on the back of their jeans that they brought for protection, since this was Gotham, highest crime rate city in the US.

Chloe herself had a set of daggers and a gun, Kim had a retractable bo staff, and Max had a gun, too. I could fight with almost anything, and my 100 pound self was scarily light and flexible.

"What do you want, four eyed tabloid? Mari didn't do anything, if that's what your here for." Alix said darkly. I realized that the entire airport had gone silent, and everyone was watching us.

Alya smirked. "Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to say that Tom was here, that's all. Look behind you, Maritrash." She smugly said, pointing. My friends whipped around, and I felt my heart stop as I slowly turned my head, my electric eyes glittering in fear. Sure enough, there to Alya's word, there he was, standing in front of me with a glint in his brown eyes that told me I was in trouble.

I paled so much as I stared at him that my skin didn't have any color to it whatsoever, and I trembled in fear, holding onto my best friend tightly. "C-Chloe... take m-my stuff with y-you to the hotel...don't c-come for me... please..." I whispered shakily.

Chloe glared. "No, Maribug, I'm not going to leave you with him. You can't ask me to do that. He could kill you!" She said with tears in her eyes. Tom eyes her. "If you're Marinettes so called best friend, then you would do as she asks." He said way too calmly.

I turned to her. "Chloe, listen to me, alright? Go to the hotel with the others and stay there. This goes for all of you. Don't worry; I'll be at the hotel in the morning, I promise," I quietly said, knowing it was a lie.  "Marinette, NO! You can't-" Alix began, but Tom cut her off. "Come in, Marinette. I don't like to wait." He said, and I flinched.

Chloe was crying. "Queen, whatever happens, this won't be your fault. Find Jason and tell him that I love him and that everything I have goes to him, and that I love him and that this is no ones fault but my own." I said, giving her a hug and reluctantly going with Tom.

"Please...don't go, Mars," She whispered as Tom dragged me away.