𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖.

————————🏷️

3 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝑙𝑎ter...

"𝐇𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐎! 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 you might step on my dress!" i yelled, jokingly, at the brown haired girl who was jumping around my changing room with pure delight.

"sorry, sorry! i'm just so excited!" she jumped around again, this time almost knocking over a vase of fresh flowers. luckily, before it shattered onto the ground a hand caught it. verr then placed the vase back onto the small table it came from.

"hu tao." she put a hand up to her mouth to muffle her laugh. "y/n is the one who should he excited, it's her wedding after all." hu tao then burst out laughing, along with verr.

"yeah, yeah i know." she then came up to me and poked my cheek with her finger. "my offer is still open if you want to marry me, y/n~" with a wink she grabbed the bridesmaids dress which was hanging on the door and ran into the changing rooms, being followed by verr who was holding another bridesmaids dress.

i heard a light knock on my door and turned around, inviting the person in. my mother walked towards me, embracing me in a big hug, but still being careful to not crease my wedding dress. "you look so beautiful, y/n. xiao is a lucky man." i blushed and hid my face by staring at the ground. "i'll be waiting outside the door, the ceremony will start soon." i nodded in reply as she walked out of the room.

without warning hu tao burst through the changing room door, followed by verr, both of them twirling around in their bridesmaid dresses. "wowowowow we look so pretty!" hu tao practically yelled.
[ᴀ/ɴ: ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇssᴇs ᴡᴀs ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ☺︎︎]

verr walked over to the mirror, being careful not to tear the dress. once she looked at herself she blushed at the reflection. "they really are pretty.." she said, no louder than a whisper. i walked up to both of them as noelle also came out of the changing room after being in there for ages. "sorry i couldn't figure out how to put it one for a few minutes." she did a little spin and pretended to curtsy in front of me.

"lady y/n..may i have this dance." noelle held out her hand jokingly, and i placed mine in hers. we began to dance around the room as verr and hu tao also began dancing. after a few minutes we began to all burst into fits of laughter again.

"noelle do i have to compete against you for y/n's love?" hu tao joked, swinging her arm around my shoulder. noelle nodded and threw her arm around my other shoulder. verr observed the situation of the other two girls fighting over me as i tried not to burst out laughing.

"guys guys!" they both stopped and stared at me. "are you forgetting that i'm literally marrying xiao in.." i pulled myself free of their grips and grabbed my phone that lay on the table. "..10 minutes." i put it down again. "wait..10 minutes?! shit, i don't know if i'm ready! what if i mess up the vows..o-or i slip and fall in front of everyone!-" verr grabbed my shoulders, pulling me into a light embrace.

"relax y/n..you've been practicing your vows for weeks, and if you fall i'll catch you." she pulled away and gave me a small wink, caressing my cheek with her hand in a comforting way. "now let's go! time for you to become a bride!"

-

as i was preparing myself to walk down the alter, i began to shake slightly, anxiety rising inside of me. the feeling then went away when a familiar grip wrapped around my arm. i looked beside me to see my mother staring at me with a gentle smile.

the original plan was for my father to walk me down the aisle, but seeing as he was serving his sentence in prison he wasn't able to do so. therefore, my mother stepped up to take the role. i looked around at the alter, taking in the beauty of everything. a wave of happiness overcame me as i smiled at the thought of getting married. i felt a nudge on my arm. "are you ready, y/n?" i nodded as the music began playing.

as the audience stood up, turning to my direction, my legs began to move with a steady pace. i kept my gaze in front of me the entire time, laying my eyes on hu tao, noelle, verr and guizhong. all of them being my bridesmaids and standing beside the priest. i looked to the other side of him to see xiao standing at the front, dressed in a suit. he looked incredible. as much as it tried i couldn't take my eyes off of him.

he looked slightly nervous, as he fiddled with his hands discreetly. he looked up, catching my gaze. i noticed his eyes widening as he saw me, walking towards him arm in arm with my mother. a bright red hue flushed over his cheeks and he sent me a small gentle smile.

the sound of music faded out as i stood opposite to xiao, gazing into his eyes as the priest began talking. after a long time of draining words the priest finally asked the question i had been preparing for.

"y/n, will you take xiao to be your husband?" without hesitation i nodded.

"i do."

the priest then turned to xiao. "xiao, will you take y/n to be your wife?" he grasped my hands in his and squeezed them lightly, smiling widely.

"i do."

"with all that out of the way, you may kiss the bride."  xiao's arm quickly snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to him as his other hand cupped my cheek. he pulled me into a kiss and i cupped his cheeks with my hands.

i couldn't help but chuckle a bit after i pulled away, when i saw hu tao sniffing loudly and wiping tears from the corners of her eyes. verr and noelle were both blowing into tissues which they had stuffed in their sleeves ready for this moment. guizhong gave me a large smile before she was engulfed into a hug by my mother, who was getting extremely emotional.

i was then pulled into a hug by xiao, his grip tightening around my waist as he dug his chin into the crook of my neck.

"i love you, sweetheart."

-

"mom i want to go look for the coco goat." the young girl pointed to a picture in her book. before i could respond i heard the door open with the click of a key and someone walk in.

"daddy!" qiqi ran up to xiao and almost tackled him to the ground. "me and mommy are going to look for a coco goat! come join us." the young girl began to run around the house, clutching her book in her arms.

my husband approached me, planting a kiss on my forehead. "why is our daughter so excited? and what on earth is a coco goat?" i simply just chuckled as i gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
"i'm just as confused as you, sweetheart."

𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 ...

                            𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃
                                       𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

𝐟𝐢𝐧.