𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.

————————🏷️

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈 dreaded. searching for a wedding dress. atleast xiao will be with me, it will be much better with him by my side.

my mother came to my room telling me it was time to leave, then we went downstairs together where we were picked up by xiao. as he was working he was in his work clothes. holy shit. a suit. xiao is wearing a goddamn suit.

as soon as i saw him my cheeks flushed a bright shade of red, this did not go unnoticed by my mother because she covered her mouth with her hand and let out a small chuckle.

"miss and mrs l/n. i am here to take you both to look at dresses for miss l/n's wedding." this time it was my turn to chuckle at xiao being so formal. we walked closer to greet him, and he proceeded to grab my hand and kiss the top of it, making eye contact with me the entire time. i sent him a soft smile, which he returned with a small smirk.

he then led us out to a car driven by a chauffeur. my mother sat in the front seat, making nice conversation with the chauffeur.

"let's sit in the back together y/n!" i nodded quickly and followed him into the back seats. he pulled out his phone and headphones discreetly as he passed one of the buds to me, our hands brushing together in the process.

throughout the journey xiao and i shared little glances and smiles as we listened to his playlist. whilst my mother was distracting the chauffeur with her chatting i slipped my hand into xiao's, intertwining our fingers.

after a few more minutes the chauffeur announced that we had arrived. he opened the door for my mother, offering a hand out to her whilst smiling. she blushed slightly before accepting his hand and getting out of the car. i turned my direction to the side to see xiao doing the same for me. i laughed and took his hand.

"y/n, xiao, let's go." we both nodded, releasing our grip on each other's hand. the chauffeur gave a small wave as we headed off to the tailors.

the walk was silent until i decided to speak up. "so..the chauffeur huh?" i joked, causing my mother to become flushed and flustered.

"y-y/n! how could you even suggest such a thing." she covered her face with her hand, but was unable to hide the small smile that crept across her lips. 

"he treats you much better than father." i whispered it, so it wasn't audible to anyone, not even xiao.

we reached the tailors,being met with a bubbly girl who had brown pigtails. "hi there customers! welcome to wangsheng tailors! my name is hu tao and i will be serving you today." i instantly smiled, i absolutely loved this girl's energy. she then turned her attention directly to me. "you're looking for a wedding dress right? follow me!" with that she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the rows of dresses.

"what's your name by the way?"

"y/n. y/n l/n." i sent her a gentle smile, which she quickly returned.

"well y/n! this dress would look so pretty on you!" she pulled out a gorgeous dress with a long train. "let's look at some other though, k?"

my mother and xiao had sat down at this point, clearly worn out by hu tao's massive amount of energy. i, on the other hand, was quite enjoying running around the aisles with her, stopping at every dress that caught my eye.

"hey y/n~ isn't it tradition that your fiancé doesn't see your dress before the wedding?" i tilted my head in confusion. she then put both hands on my cheeks and turned my head to look at xiao, who was already looking at me. "that's who you're marrying right?" i could feel my face flush at her words.

"ohh no no! i'm marrying someone else, he's an attendant who is just helping me." she released my face and i gazed into the ground.

"sorry for the misunderstanding!! it's just, he's looking at you like a lovesick puppy. and you've been stealing glances at him too~" she teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

i laughed and grabbed hu tao's hand. "let's look for some more dresses shall we?"

after an hour or so, i managed to narrow my options down into four choices.

if you don't like any of the designs/colours feel free to imagine anything you want! if you want to wear a suit that's completely fine too! this is fully your choice, these are just some ideas <3

________________________________

"okay hu tao..you can turn around now." the girl spun around quickly, her eyes widening as she saw me.

"y/n...you look so beautiful!! this is definitely the one! let's go show the others!!" she grabbed my hand again and led me out of the changing rooms, being careful to not ruin the clothes.

"here she is!~" hu tao practically yelled, attracting the attention of my mother xiao. i looked up to see my mother with tears in her eyes as she ran up to me, giving me a huge hug. "y/n..you look so perfect." i hugged her back tightly, burying my head in her collar bone, trying to hold back tears. i'm fairly sure i heard hu tao sniffle a bit aswell.

after a few moments i looked up to look at xiao, who was stood there, frozen.

-

𝐱𝐢𝐚𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"here she is!~" the tailor girl ran out of the changing room dragging y/n behind her. as soon as she moved away, y/n stood before me in full view.

my eyes widened and my cheeks flushed as i saw her. she looked so beautiful. it suited her perfectly. i resisted the urge to clutch a hand to my chest, as i felt my heart rate speed up rapidly.

out of the corner of my eye her mother ran up to her, enclosing her in a tight hug. a few moments later y/n looked up at me, giving me a smile. my heart fluttered. i couldnt take my eyes off of her.

she pulled away from her mother, who then ran into hu tao's arms and they both started tearing up even more as the gazed at y/n, who was now walking towards me.

"what do you think?"

-

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"what do you think?" i desperately wanted to know xiao's opinion. he stayed silent for quite some time, simply just staring at me with a red hue dusting his cheeks and the tips of his ears.

i began to fiddle with my hands. "if you don't like it then-"

"it's perfect." he came up to me and grabbed my hands sheepishly. "you're perfect."

he then enveloped me into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and burying his head into my shoulder. "i would give anything to see you walking down the alter towards me in this." my heart fluttered at his words. now it was my turn to bury my head in an attempt to hide my bright red cheeks.

i heard another sniffle as i turned my head around to see hu tao smiling with tears in her eyes. "i'll go get a bag for you." she skipped away, leaving me, xiao and my mother. my mother..shit!

i shot my gaze to her. she looked completely shocked at the position xiao and i were in. his arms were wrapped around my waist and mine were around the back of his neck. i braced myself to be pulled away from him and to be told off, but it never came.

"y/n..i'm so happy you finally found someone you actually love." she wiped a tear from her eye, giving me and xiao a soft smile..

..and her approval.