CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Habits

***(Y/N) POV***

One night turned into two, then three, then six.

After the initial night of comfort I had provided Yonji, he seemed to have decided that sleeping in my bed was going to become part of his routine. I was glad that I could be a safe space for him, but for the life of me I couldn't understand why he would choose a rickety old single over his plush double bed.

Without fail, he was always gone when I woke up and always returned late into the night. Sometimes he wanted to talk, others he just stayed silent, making sure at least some small part of him was touching me.

"I know I said whenever you need me, but maybe not every night? I..it's not that I don't like your company, it's just, uh, sometimes space is nice too, y'know?" I tried to put it as nicely as possible as I folded yet another red shirt, placing it neatly into the dresser drawer.

Yonji handed me another article of clothing from my basket, tilting his head to the side.
"But...I like cuddling up with you. It makes me feel...um...unshitty? Yeah, unshitty, and like I'm not gonna explode."

Ugh, he's so clueless. It's adorable.

Closing the second drawer of Ichiji's dresser, I moved down to the next one, holding my hand out for the green haired Prince to pass me a freshly washed and dried pair of pants for me to fold.
"I think you mean safe and comfortable." I corrected him with a light chuckle. He was looking much better than he had before. The bags beneath his eyes had faded, and he hadn't been quite so temperamental.

I do kinda like cuddling with him too...

"Look, I'm not saying never again. I'm just suggesting that maybe not every night? People are already gossiping about how you and your brothers want me around so much, and we don't want them getting the wrong idea."

When I turned to take another item of clothing, Yonji didn't release it. He tugged a little, making sure he had my full attention.
"Well, what if we d-"

"I don't recall giving you permission to hang around in my bedroom, Yonji." I nearly fell backwards when Yonji let go of the pair of pants, and I turned to find Ichiji standing in the doorway, a hand on his hip. "You have more productive things to do than laundry folding like a maid. Get out."

There was always an air of superiority that exuded from the eldest Vinsmoke brother. He commanded any room he set foot in, as long as his father wasn't around, and I could tell that Yonji felt it too.

With a grunt, Yonji stood up from his seat at the end of the bed, glancing at me before moving towards the door. He was trying to act just as dominant, but if he had been the owner of a tail, there was no doubt that it would have been curling between his legs.

"I thought you were out on a mission." He muttered, the fact that he was taller meaning absolutely nothing, even when he was directly beside his brother. Ichiji may as well have been towering over him.

"So you decided you'd try to seduce the help and use my bed to do the deed? No chance. Out." I hated being called 'the help', but there was no chance in hell that I would speak up about it. Not to him. Sparing me one final look, hinting his concern, Yonji left, and the door was shut behind him.

Just do your job. It's fine. He won't hurt you. He had every chance to do that the other day.

Automatically, I held my breath as I felt him approach, coming to a stop behind me and reaching to take the partially folded pants from my hands.
"I'll do that later. You can take a break."

Pursing my lips, I turned a little, not wanting to look him in the eye, even though I couldn't see them through his shades.
"N..no offence, Your Highness, but, uh, the last time I saw how you folded clothes...I really think I should do it."