Chapter 6: A Very Fluffy Christmas

As the quartet finally got some time to themselves without the harrassment of the Gryffindor common room (because of Y/N and Harry), Hermione filled them all in on the Snape fiasco. 

"Hermione, Snape likes Y/N why on earth would he try and kill him?" Harry asked puzzled, "Well, I don't really know - but it was definitely him I saw him and it stopped after he panicked!" Harry nudged Y/N on the arm eyeing the direction where many more Gryffindor students were hurrying towards hoping to talk to the boys, they slipped away into a corridor where they were met with a cat. 

"Hey kitty kitty" Y/N ran over and sat by the cat comforting it however the cats crimson eyes didn't seem happy, she took off around the corner quickly before Harry pulled Y/N into a room that was slightly ajar. "You idiot that's Mrs. Norris" 

"Who the cat?" Y/N said laughing "Very funny Pot-" Y/N and Harry turned to a great powerful breathing sound from behind them and they stared into the deep endless pit eyes of a three-headed dog, slobber draining from the corners of each mouth with teeth as sharp as a razor it lunged towards the boys before they dived out of the room and scrambled back to the common room without saying a word. As they told the fat lady the password and tripped into the room they both spat out everything at the same time. 

"Slow down all I got was 'big dog three door'" said Ron giving the boys some time to calm down and explain everything to the skeptical Hermione and thrilled Ron. "You two broke into a room you are not allowed in, what if you were caught!" "Oh Hermione don't be such a party pooper, they met a three headed dog for merlin's sake"

Hermione huffed and turned on her heels towards the girls dormitory giving Y/N, Harry and Ron a chance to talk about what they were going to do.

The next morning as they all ate breakfast they came up with the extremely rational plan of visiting Hagrid, the man who'd know more than anyone about great magical beasts. So in their free period they headed down towards the hut to be met by their favourite half giant with a plate of rock cakes. 

"Nonsense why'd Snape try hurt Y/N" he repeated sounding just like Harry. "Well I don't know Hagrid why did Snape try get past that monster on the third floor corridor" Harry said rolling his eyes. 

"Who told you about Fluffy?" asked Hagrid

"You named it?" asked Hermione 

"It was actually pretty cute" Y/N said sitting up from his lounging position, all of them besides Hagrid gave him a glare 

"ma'e Ronal', 'ermione ya dint even see te ting!" Y/N said through his harder than normal rock cake. "Of cours' it's gotter name!" Hagrid told them sternly "And he's not a monster eithe'r"   

"Got em from some Irish fella at te pub then i gave em to Dumbledore and Flamel to guard te-" 

"Who's Flamel?!" the three of them demanded 

"I shouldn hav said dat, NO MORE QUESTIONS, thas top secre' information that is"

"But Hagrid! We have got to stop Snape from stealing whatever it is 'Fluffy' is guarding!" The three of them argued much to Y/N's amusement

"Listen 'ere professor Snape is a Hogwarts professor"

"Professor or not Hagrid I know a spell when I see one, his eyes were locked on to Y/N's broom!"

Hagrid ushered them all out of his hut and sent them on their way, slightly disappointed they didn't learn any more yet excited because they had a lead. They spent the rest of the term trying to find records of a 'Flamel', even Y/N joined in mainly because he had nothing better to do. 

Y/N and Harry were working together to beat Ron in wizard's chess in the great hall when Hermione strutted in pulling along her bags. "That is such a barbaric game" she said as one of Ron's knights captured a pawn "It's only wizard chess, I see you've packed." said Ron "And I noticed you haven't"

"Plans changed." Ron said without taking his eyes off the board. 

"And what about you Y/N?" 

"Staying with old Potter here, he'd be lonely without me" Y/N replied giving Harry a shove "Well while I'm gone keep looking for any signs of this.. Flamel" Hermione told them sternly before turning and strutting away.

"Hold on Hermione, I'll take you to the train" Y/N said causing Hermione to turn a shade of red. They walked side by side discussing who they think 'Flamel' could be and Y/N's success in Quidditch. Y/N sped up and stepped onto the platform first, offering Hermione's hand and lifting her up before once again hopping down. 

"I'll miss you Hermione, have a good holiday." 

"I'll miss you too N/N" she said releasing his hand and waving goodbye as the train left. 

Y/N began his journey back to the castle but not before running into an extremely amused Hagrid who gave Y/N an unexplained pat on the back. 

On Christmas morning Y/N was only awaken by the loud excitement that echoed around the dormitory. "Get up Y/N we got presents!" 

Y/N hobbled out of bed and dragged his feet towards the tree where his pile was separated from everyone else's, there was a flat square present, a card, a smaller present, and a larger present. 

He opened the first present, the smaller one with a card attached. The card simply read "Good Catch - G" 

Y/N recognized this to be from his grandfather, it was a snitch designed solely for training the catching ability. Y/N smiled and played around with the snitch before moving onto the flat square present addressed from Hermione it was Nirvana's newest album: Nevermind with a legitimate signature from Kurt Cobain himself, Y/N beamed at this and couldn't wait to thank Hermione when he saw her again. Y/N then opened the largest present sent from his Dad, it was a large spell training kit including a test dummy, wand holster, targets and more. 

"Y/N mate there is one more for you." Ron called out to him before handing him a medium sized present which he quickly unwrapped to reveal a knitted purple jumper with a big first initial of his name addressed from the Weasley family, Ron looked on nervously as if he was embarrassed but Y/N put his hand out and pulled him into a friendly hug, Harry however was in the corner with only his head floating in the air.

"Wicked" said Ron

"What the hell is that?" asked Y/N 

"It's an invisibility cloak, they are really rare" Ron stated 

"Woah" Y/N and Harry said together 

They spent the rest of their day relaxing and shoving their faces with chocolate and sweets.