[MR] Lisa (BLACKPINK) - Back for You

Start from the beginning

At least you had Lisa by your side.

She was the first to hear the news. It seemed like the word got out and spread like wildfire among your friend group. You didn't know who found out about it first, but when Lisa showed up at your doorstep with snacks, you knew everyone must've heard about it.

"So, what's up?" Lisa wasn't one to get straight to the point. While there were times that bothered you, this wasn't one of them. She knew you didn't want to think about it too much and tiptoeing around the subject was a lot better than immediately ripping off the bandage. Lisa knew you too well to do something like that to you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Eh."

That stopped the conversation dead in its tracks, though that wasn't a bad thing. The two of you would sit in comfortable silence all the time. Even if Lisa was dying to say something, she knew you enjoyed the silence. She didn't want her hyperactive mind to ruin moments like these.

After a while, Lisa decided to break the silence. It had been long enough. "Did you hear back from your parents?"

It wasn't just your relationship with Dahyun that was going south. You didn't have the time to keep many connections alive, including the one with your parents. Moving out of the house when high school ended to get closer to both university and your company's practice building meant that was where most of your time was allocated.

Things between you and your parents didn't end on a good note the day you packed your stuff. They weren't too keen on you moving away from them while you didn't want to deal with the commute and knew moving closer to both the university and practice building would be best. In the end, you finished the day sitting in your stuffy apartment surrounded by boxes you'd need to unpack soon enough.

You struggled to send your father or mother a text not too long after. You didn't want to move away from your parents on bad terms, but you couldn't find the right words to say. You weren't sure if it was because of your decision or if it was something else, but that had been bothering you for a while as well.

Since it had been a few months since then, Lisa knew you had been dwelling on it for a while. It usually took around three months for you to truly open up about things and enough time had passed for Lisa to bring it up. She knew you didn't want to keep it in the back of your mind any longer, so talking about it would be for the best.

"It's hard, you know?" You pulled your phone out and opened your messages. It had been months since you had last texted your parents. "I just don't know what to say."

"Just say anything. Open up a channel and things will fall into place." Lisa's voice was reassuring, but thoughts still ran around in your head, something Lisa never missed. "If you don't know what to say, just say that. Tell them you don't know how to start the conversation, but you want to talk."

"That's easy for you to say."

"It's easy for everyone to say. Remember, the key to maintaining a relationship is good communicat-" Lisa tried to cut herself off, but she had already said too much. She kicked herself internally, but she could see the look in your eyes changing. "Sorry."

You shook your head. "Don't be. It's true."

Once again, silence hung over the two of you. This time though, it wasn't as comfortable. Lisa was used to sitting on your couch while being silently bored out of her mind, but this wasn't one of those situations. The couch felt foreign and your tiny apartment wasn't as inviting as it used to be.

"I guess I need to be more open, huh?" You spoke, snapping Lisa out of her worried thoughts and it caught her off guard.

She hadn't heard you be this honest about yourself in quite some time. Usually, you'd wallow in silence while Lisa tried to find ways to keep you happy. Neither of you moved towards the topic of your flaws and shortcomings. The last time she heard you talk like this was when you first failed a test in middle school because you were spending too much time practicing and not enough time studying. That was when you decided to work on your time management, but this was something else entirely.