This couldn't be happening, it couldn't. Because if it was happening, it meant Peter was about to lose everything. He had never wanted this to happen, but he knew he was playing with fire and was bound to get burnt. As soon as they came together, it would be a mess, Peter knew they had trusted him and he had all but chucked it back in their faces.

Every breath was short and ragged, his body throbbed in pain and his thoughts began to spiral.

'They're going to leave you.'

'You broke all their trust. They'll never like you now.'

'You'll be alone again.'

'May was right, you don't deserve any form of love or kindness.'

'You should have just died from that beating.'

Oh God, Peter couldn't breathe.

Tony was about to respond, his fists ready to make contact as he and Bucky moved closer. He was quickly broken from his spell when he heard Steve speak.

"Peter?" His voice was strained and worried, making both Bucky and Tony turn towards where Peter was.

Their hearts shattered when they saw him struggling to breath, his eyes screwed shut and tears falling down his face in obvious pain. Before Tony could react, Bucky was beside him, gently pulling him into his chest, Tony was about to shout at him and pull him away, not wanting him anywhere near him, but when he saw Peter lean into Bucky he decided against it, instead, going beside him to join the pair.

"Peter, listen to my voice okay, you're okay, everything's okay," Bucky spoke softly, shocking Tony to the core.

Tony had never seen Bucky like this, he had always known him as being rough, someone who doesn't like being touched, or showing any form of emotion. And yet, as he looks at him with Peter he can see just how different he is with him.

Bucky doesn't push Tony away as he moves closer to the pair, it seemed as though Peter knew Tony just as well as he knew Bucky, and he wasn't about to upset Peter more by pushing Tony away (Bucky also know Tony wouldn't let him, not with how protective he was looking at Peter).

"FRI, scan him," Tony commented as he knelt beside the super soldier, placing a careful hand on Peters shoulder as Bucky held him closer. Tony was more than relieved when he saw Peter didn't flinch, Bucky didn't even look his way, just continued to hold Peter and whisper reassurances to him.

Peter knew they would hate him.

This couldn't be happening, he couldn't lose his family. They were the only people he had left. He knew it was so God damn selfish, but he was finally feeling what it was like to have a family (more than just when he had Ben) and he didn't want to lose that. But now, it was all coming together in one big mess.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I'm so- I'm so sorry," Peter continued to repeat, his mind coming up with all the anger that is about to be thrown his way from everyone.

While FRIDAY responded to Tony, reporting all the injuries Peter had, Bucky was quick to support Peter and ensure he was okay. "Peter, kid, you have nothing to be sorry for, everything is okay," Bucky reassured him, being careful to pull him into his arms.

Peter, at first flinched at the contact, but after a moment, he relaxed against his brother, for the moment trying not to think about the repercussions about what had just come to pass.

"I'm sorry," Peter whispered before practically collapsing in his brothers arms, everything was in pain and he knew it was a bad idea deciding to come patrol today.

Bucky was careful when he held Peter a little tighter in his grip, not wanting to hurt his brother more than he already was.

Tony sucked in a breath after hearing FRI reel off all the injuries Peter had. "Jesus kid, what happened to you?" Tony wondered, looking at the boy who was now hugging Bucky tightly, Tony had to stop for a moment when he saw that, he had never seen Bucky like that, and knowing that the pair already knew each other made Tony more than a little confused.