twenty four

Mulai dari awal

"I am scared," Winter shook her head and drew in a deep breath. "I am scared he will take you away."

"Who?" Karina grew worried and ran her hands up and down Winter's arms.

"Danny," Winter whispered quietly and closed her eyes. Karina took a deep breath and cupped Winter's cheek in her hand.

"Jeong, he's gone," she shook her head. "He's not going to hurt me. He's not going to hurt you. We're safe." Winter's breath was shaky, and she took a long, deep breath.

"I can not lose the pretty things," Winter whispered, reaching out and taking the flower from Karina's hand. The small girl studied the flower for a few moments before clutching it close to her chest. "I-I killed it."

That was the last straw for Karina. She shook her head, grabbing Winter's hand and pulling her across the hallway into their bedroom. Winter watched anxiously as Karina dug around in her closet and pulled out a suitcase, tossing it on the bed and throwing it open.

The brown eyed girl walked over to the dresser, opening each drawer and grabbing a handful of each. The small girl's eyes widened and she quickly shook her head. Tears stung in her eyes as she backed up.

"No," Winter shook her head and held her hands up. The tears quickly blinded her as she backed into the wall, bringing her hands up to her face. "Please, no."

Karina was brought out of her trance when she heard a small sob escape her girlfriend's lips. She whipped her head up and felt her heart drop in her chest when she saw Winter slide down against the wall and bury her head in her knees.

"Please do not," Winter whispered. "I will be good. I p-pr-promise," she whimpered. Karina quickly knelt beside her and tilted her head to the side.

"What are you talking about?" Karina asked softly, reaching out and putting a hand on the smaller girl's knee. Winter flinched and looked up. "Winter, I don't understand."

"Please do not make me leave," Winter sniffed. Karina's breath caught in her throat and she glanced back and forth from Winter to the suitcase on the bed.

"No," Karina quickly shook her head. "No, no, no, Jeong," she reached out and tilted Winter's chin up, and met her eyes. "I am not making you leave. I promise." she reached down and locked pinky's with the small girl.

"But... but why?" Winter pointed to the suitcase on the bed. Karina shook her head and squeezed Winter's hand.

"We're going on a vacation," Karina stood up slowly and helped Winter up to her feet. "This medication isn't helping. So we're going to try something different... is that okay?"

"Vacation?" Winter asked softly, wiping her eyes and taking a deep breath to calm herself down. Karina nodded, leading Winter over to the bed and motioning for her to sit down.

"We're gonna go visit my family," she explained. This was an idea that Karina had in the back of her mind for a while. It had only taken this situation to make her realize what she had to do.

"Seoul?" Winter remembered. "With Chae?" Karina nodded, moving back over to the dresser and resumed packing.

"Just think of this as a... a different type of medication," Karina said, folding a pair of pants and laying them in the suitcase. "Is that okay?"

"Mhm," Winter nodded. She reached up and fixed her beanie, smiling at Karina softly.

"Can you finish packing while I go call your doctor?" Karina asked, pointing to the suitcase and then nodding towards the dresser. Winter stood up and studied Karina for a moment.