Chapter 66 - We're all proud of you

Start from the beginning

When I went into the living room, Chris and Tom had already arrived and they both wolf whistled at me then returned their attention back to Ava who was playing a game with them. I sat with Sophie on the sofa, and we waited for Y/n to get ready, watching the three kids playing.

A little while later, we heard the bedroom door open, and I turned around to see Y/n walk out in her pristine uniform. The uniform was tailored, and considering it wasn't the most flattering of uniforms, she looked amazing in it.

(Picture of Uniform

(Picture of Uniform. Sorry I couldn't find a decent pic of someone actually wearing one.)

We all stood up and I made my way over to her quickly. "There's my soldier." I smiled and she gave me a closed mouth smile back. "You look great." I reassured her and she nodded. "She hates that uniform." Sophie called over and I quickly turned my head to look back at Y/n. "But why, you look sexy in it." I said in a whisper but heard a couple of "yucks" from behind me. "It's just uncomfortable and not really made for women." She said, pulling at the collar slightly. "Well, I like it." I said, slapping her hand away from her collar and giving her a kiss to reassure her.

I had my hands resting on her chest and my gazed diverted to the medals that were resting on her left chest. I ran my fingers over them. "What are these for?" I asked and she looked down at the three medals. "The first one is the United Nations Cyprus medal. Which I got when I was based out there for a year." She started to explain. I didn't know she had lived in Cyprus, and it made me realise there was still more for me to learn about her.

She pointed to the next one. "This one is an Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan and the last one is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal, which you get for just being in the Military for over 5 years at the time of the jubilee." She explained and I nodded as I listened intently. "So, your new one will go on here too?" I asked and she nodded. But it'll go first as you wear decorated medals before campaign medals." She carried on explaining.

" She carried on explaining

(Picture of medals)

"Did I tell you how proud I am of you?" I asked her, leaning into her body as she smirked. "Once or twice." She replied. "Yeah, we all are Y/n. I'm proud that I get to call you one of my best mates." Tom chimed in and I smiled at Y/n's reaction. "Ok, I appreciate all this love for Y/n. But she is my best friend and basically my sister, so I am most proud of her." Sophie stepped in. "NO, I AM!" Ava shouted and jumped up at Y/n who was quick to grab her.