"It is." He spoke lowly.

"Then maybe this conversation is one you should be having with my father. Seeing as you're the one holding up an alliance with him." I smiled comfortingly as if truly feeling bad for the inconvenience. His jaw hardened further, seeing right through my bullshit. I took a slow step forward, letting my scent wash over him.

"If you truly feel we aren't compatible then my presence shouldn't be a bother Alpha Vidar. I'm here for school, earning my freedom from the Kingdom I was born into. Leave me to it and I'll be out of your hair in no time." I whispered, putting my headphones back in and running back to the trailhead. I breathed heavily, letting my anger once again simmer.

Dad forced me here unknowingly, but he still made me a deal. I could steer clear of the twins, go to school, come home for summers, then restart the whole process again until I graduated. Freedom was within reach. I could do it.

~~~~

My meeting with my advisor went great. I expected her to question my idea of majoring in creative writing. I knew it wasn't a degree I could use everywhere. But I wrote often, and it was the only real thing that I had to myself. It felt fitting to nurse it now that I was away from home.

She signed me up for general English, theory of Poetry, and history. She warned me about it all being very reading intensive. But I wasn't opposed, anything to keep me busy.

The campus was beautiful, the buildings reminded me of home. Historical stone arches, and statues. Angelo would have spent hours in the courtyard just analyzing the work. I had the rest of my day to attain needed books for class. The school library was just as magnificent.

"Writing major?" The boy asked as I was checking out.

"That obvious?" I chuckled. I went to swipe my card but it declined. I wiped the black metal against my sweater before swiping again.

"I can put them on hold for you." He offered, sensing my distress. I shook my head.

"Try it one more time?" It was impossible that my account was empty. Dad ensured all our accounts were abundant at all times. The machine flashed with the word declined. I sighed, pulling out my phone to check my balance.

"Here." A voice piped from behind me. I saw a hand reach forward, sliding a card through the machine. I followed the hand up to a well dressed man, his shirt tucked seamlessly into his nice slacks. A messy head of blonde hair. The machine rang approved before I could stop him.

"You didn't need to do that, I'm sure it was a problem with my bank." I met his smile with mine.

"Not a problem. You can pay me back in increments. Besides, I'm the one that assigned half your books." He tapped the bulky American Poetry book with his finger. I put two and two together before realizing he was a professor.

"You're Mr. Harper." I remembered the name from my advising appointment. My theory of Poetry professor. He nodded.

"I get many complaints of my material expenses." He chuckled and threw his own books on the counter, letting the young man ring him up.

"I'll pay you when class starts." I assured. He waved me off.

"No need to rush. Before the quarter ends is fine with me." He smiled and thanked the young man before grabbing his books and leaving. I watched him walk away, looking busy with his start of the quarter.

"Pretty privilege, must be nice." The boy eyed me as I picked up my books. I narrowed my stare.

"Not as privileged as you." I snapped, eyeing the cock between his legs. I held my books close as I walked back to the bus stop. School was 15 minutes away from home, but on the bus it took a good 25. I sat on the bench, checking my bank account while I waited. My heart sank seeing the balance the lowest it's ever been.