Part 8

Inside the muzzles, the raptors hiss and growl at the men walking around with guns. I walk over to Blue and stroke the side of her head. "Easy Blue. Easy." I whisper to her while rubbing the underside of her chin. She calms a bit as she looks into my eyes. "Attagirl. You don't scare me." I say with a smile. 

Owen comes up behind me and places a hand on my shoulder. He too reaches out and strokes Blue's head. "Hey, girl." He moves his hand to the camera on the side of her head and adjusts it. 

"Owen! Y/n!" We both turn to the sound of Grey calling our names. We stand and walk over to where the boy waits with eyes full of curiosity and fear. "Are they safe?" He asks. Zach looks between us. 

I shake my head as Owen says,  "No, they're not." 

Zach looks past us at the raptors. "What are their names?" 

I smile. Owen points to Charlie and Echo, "Well, you got Charlie. There's Echo." I point to Delta, "Here is Delta." Finally, I point to Blue, "This one's called Blue. She's the beta."

Grey looks confused, "Who's the alpha?" 

Owen smirks and wraps an arm around my waist. "You're looking at 'em, kid." 

Claire smiles at us from behind the boys before calling out to them and gesturing for them to follow her to a big truck. 

~~~

I hold the clicker while Owen holds the chunk of flesh up to the grates in the raptors' cage. I hear them breathe in the smell eagerly. I click the button as Owen puts the flesh in front of each raptor. Some of them hiss, ready for the hunt. They push against the doors just waiting for them to open and the chase to begin. 

We hand the flesh off and walk over to our vehicles. Barry sits on top of a four-wheeler behind two bikes. I nod to Owen as we each sit on our motorcycles. Behind us, a big truck carrying a bunch of ingen soldiers starts up. Me and Owen look back at Barry who nods. 

Owen looks at me and I nod signaling I'm ready. Owen looks towards the top of the cage where a man stands with the button to open the cages. Owen gives him the signal and the man nods before looking forward and pushing the button. 

No turning back now.

The alarm buzzes as the doors fly open and the raptors sprint out. The hunt is on. I give Owen a smirk before reeving my engine and taking off after the girls. Owen follows, quickly catching up to me. Barry and the truck are a little farther behind. 

The raptors weave through the dense forest hot on the trail. I have to swerve a bit to avoid trees and fallen trunks. The raptors hiss and growl as they race through the forest. I glance down at my speedometer, 50 mph even in this twisting terrain. 

I glance at Owen who meets my gaze before speeding up to be riding in the middle of the pack. Owen comes to my side. I glance to my right and see Charlie looking forward intensely as she runs. Pride fills my heart as I hear her call out and speed ahead of me. I glance to my right and see Blue running between Owen's and my bikes. She too has a fierce look of determination in her eyes. My gaze meets Owen's; we share a proud look before I turn to face the front and smirk to myself. 

3rd POV

Back at the paddock in the truck with Claire and her Nephews, the three of them watch the screen. They see the point of view of the raptors as they run behind the motorcycle. Both boys look immensely impressed with the two raptor trainers. 

"Your friends are badasses," Zach comments as he watches the screen. 

Claire smiles to herself as she agrees.