Chapter 23

(Attempted update #1 from April 13th 2023) (clearly failed to update) wassup yall :P kinda forgot about this story lol, especially since i havent updated it since 2022-
anyways imma see if i can't get a decent chapter out within the hour of class that i have free :)
A little warning tho, I dont exactly like the way that the story was straying off of the original plot i had so im just gonna skip through the rest of the weekend (it was still a saturday in the last update) and this chapter will start off on monday morning in Kyotani's POV ~ A very, very late Tobi

(Attempted update #2 from october 24th 2023) hii pookies :3 yall probably dont remember this story because i honestly dont either- but anyways im trying to update yall rq because i started this shit in 2021 and never finished it and i have way to many ideas rn so i dont want to have a million unfinished ideas. anyways i dont remember what the plot of this was so imma wing it and hope yall read this lol, byyeeee~ Tobi, who has once again forgotten about their readers

(UPDATE ATTEMPT #3 ;-; from october 30th 2023) I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THIS BUT I HAVE INSPIRATION NOW. IT MAY BE A SHORT CHAPTER BUT IM TRYING GUYS I PROMISE. LET ME GET BACK INTO WRITING AND YALL WILL PROBABLY HAVE LONG CHAPTERS AGAIN

Kyotani POV:

*beep beep beep* "fucking alarm" I mumbled as I hit my phone to get it to be quiet. I had to drag myself out of bed so I didn't end up missing another day like I did last week. 6:30 sucks whenever you're first waking up. But, I have to get to practice and watch out for that annoying little kid on the bike.

I managed to drag myself out of bed somehow and got my uniform on before basically crawling to the bathroom to put my eyeliner on. I stretched a final time before walking to the door to put my shoes on and left as I heard my moms bedroom door open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As usual, I'm super tired. But I put my headphones on and started waking up a bit more. Honestly, maybe a sip of Yahaba's 'water' bottle wouldn't be too bad right about now. Nahh, I don't need it. Honestly, he doesn't either but I can't force him out of it. Speaking of Yahaba, where is he?? I haven't seen him or the little ginger on the bike yet. Imagine that, haven't seen the creampuff or tangerine... I'm hungry now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept walking for a little while, just admiring the peacefulness of the early morning. Practice doesn't start until 7:30, so I still have a while to myself given that it's only 6:48. Maybe I can just practice by myself for a little bit. Hopefully, that prick of a captain doesn't show up early either. Well, if he does he'll probably have Iwaizumi with him. That might be a little bit more manageable than just Oikawa. I kept walking and ended up at the gym doors. It's still only 6:53, so I don't think anyone else is here yet. I opened the door and didn't hear or see anything so I just made my way over to the locker room and changed into my practice clothes. I'm a little cold, but I'll warm up when I start practicing. I went over near the benches and started doing some of the warm-up stretches that I teach younger kids to do when I help out at Kiyoshi's place. I can hear the faint sound of other students wandering around and talking outside. It's so peaceful this early. I finished up my stretches and walked over to where the balls and net were put up in the storage closet, only getting the ball cart out. I'll leave all the rest of the work of setting up to the captain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was doing practice serves for a little bit, maybe 10-15 minutes. But God were those minutes miserable. I have a fucking Hozier song stuck in my head and I can't remember the name or lyrics of it for the life of me. I just remember the tune of how he sang it. It's so fucking annoying.